2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Consumer Review: Don't buy an Intrigue

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Review

Don't buy an Intrigue
By blu_by_u on

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan

This is our first new car. At around 40k miles it developed an oil consumption problem. Now it consumes 1qt in about 1200 miles. There is no oil on the garage floor and it doesn't somke. I personally change the oil and perform most maintenance. I have never seen a car burn out so many dash bulbs like this does. I hate the rock hard arm rests, my FORD F350 had FAR superior arm rests. I'm 6'3" (not terribly tall) and my head rubs the ceiling of the car, I would hate to be any taller! The throttle valve has a problem of getting coated with gunk and making the pedal stick closed and the car leaps forward when you finally break the throttle loose.

Favorite Features

The power is excellent, especially for a family car. Passing slow cars on a two lane road is effortless. The car has nice features, but in my opinion it really lacks quality.

Suggested Improvements

This is a bad car in my opinion. My brother owns a '98 with the 3.8L engine and loves it. The 3.8L has been around since at least 1980, probably earlier. The transmission shudders when shifting into OD. The car is worth $0 for trade in. My plan is to pay it off and keep it for a beater