Used 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

Great car
By morin1

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new and wish Olds was still around making them. Great handling and milage, looks nice and is very comfortable, love it. The only problem it had was several years ago freon leaked out...they found the leak and fixed it at a small cost. Very happy I purchased an Intrigue.

Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS
By gudnason100

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Intrigue in 2003 off lease with 60000Km (36000 mi) it now has 306,000 km and still running great. Everything still works power windows, sun roof, heated seats, power seat and leather seats still good. Rebuilt transmission last year which only cost me $2200, fuel sensor problem is caused by additive in certain gas. Use Shell and you will never have an issue. Replaced flywheel about 5 years ago with a used one. Lots of available used parts from wrecking yards which keep the cost of repair down because GM does not product a lot of parts for the Olds anymore. Northstar engine is still very strong, no rust although I do undercoat it annually.

Favorite Features

Lots of power and it is great in the winter although I do install winter tires. (insurance companies give us a discount)

Suggested Improvements

Transmission could have been better, need to baby it, change fluid every 2 years and watch it. My transmission did not fail but it was shifting rough, repair shop said it would still last but it was annoying, installed a transmission cooler and that helped a lot to keep it cool since it only shifted rough when fluid got hot.

Great Car, Expensive Repairs
By missava

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

Oldsmobiles have been in my family for years. I just purchased my Intrigue last year and I have had nothing but problems with it. They're minor problems that happen with older cars, however the repairs add up to more than the car's blue book value. I love how it performs and it's great in the Colorado snow! But I think it's time to retire my beautiful car. I was really hoping to turn it into a real American car collector's item one day.

Favorite Features

My favorite features of the car are: the sportscar driving, the power sunroof, heated leather seats, the smooth ride, and the exterior build.

Still going
By BB

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

This is BB who posted on 3/9/10. My Intrigue is at 266K. Kept asking my mechanic when he thought it would go and he said the motor was still strong. I've had restless nights trying to decide between buying another used 2000 Intrigue or above (noticed below 2000 clist ads had issues) again or a used foreign car. Toyota was the only other my mech rec. My car had 2 repairs costing $200/$400 since last post and then the a/c compressor went out. I did not fix bc IDK when the car will call it quits. Called around and found a 2000 w/115k miles and am getting it this wknd. Knock on wood I have luck w/this one! I'm going to drive the old one til spring since the ac is out and switch to the other car.

Favorite Features

motor, transmission

Suggested Improvements

windows ! Mine are being held up with rubber door stops !

Very Disappointed
By jeneep

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this just just before Halloween last year - not quite one year - with 101,000 miles. I had no issues with the car. Most were with the dealership for not taking care of regular maintenance before I bought it. I had actually enjoyed the power it had! And then my transmission failed on me. I'm a single mother and the sole reason I bought this car was because I thought it was reliable. Apparently I should have researched more because it's a well known problem on other boards. Here I am stuck with a $1700+ fix on top of the loan I already have. Thanks a lot, Oldsmobile! Research the car - I wouldn't trust the transmission, and I'm sure you don't want the expensive fix.

Favorite Features

The power. I loved driving it. You could probably tell from the amount of speeding tickets I have accumulated. The gas mileage ran from 28-30 mpg for me. That's not bad considering my speed and driving habits. Interstate was even better usually.

Suggested Improvements

Not even applicable.