2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:
Great car
By morin1 on 11/02/12 15:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new and wish Olds was still around making them. Great handling and milage, looks nice and is very comfortable, love it. The only problem it had was several years ago freon leaked out...they found the leak and fixed it at a small cost. Very happy I purchased an Intrigue.

Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS
By gudnason100 on 05/06/12 12:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought my Intrigue in 2003 off lease with 60000Km (36000 mi) it now has 306,000 km and still running great. Everything still works power windows, sun roof, heated seats, power seat and leather seats still good. Rebuilt transmission last year which only cost me $2200, fuel sensor problem is caused by additive in certain gas. Use Shell and you will never have an issue. Replaced flywheel about 5 years ago with a used one. Lots of available used parts from wrecking yards which keep the cost of repair down because GM does not product a lot of parts for the Olds anymore. Northstar engine is still very strong, no rust although I do undercoat it annually.

Great Car, Expensive Repairs
By missava on 04/25/12 22:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

Oldsmobiles have been in my family for years. I just purchased my Intrigue last year and I have had nothing but problems with it. They're minor problems that happen with older cars, however the repairs add up to more than the car's blue book value. I love how it performs and it's great in the Colorado snow! But I think it's time to retire my beautiful car. I was really hoping to turn it into a real American car collector's item one day.

Still going
By BB on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

This is BB who posted on 3/9/10. My Intrigue is at 266K. Kept asking my mechanic when he thought it would go and he said the motor was still strong. I've had restless nights trying to decide between buying another used 2000 Intrigue or above (noticed below 2000 clist ads had issues) again or a used foreign car. Toyota was the only other my mech rec. My car had 2 repairs costing $200/$400 since last post and then the a/c compressor went out. I did not fix bc IDK when the car will call it quits. Called around and found a 2000 w/115k miles and am getting it this wknd. Knock on wood I have luck w/this one! I'm going to drive the old one til spring since the ac is out and switch to the other car.

Very Disappointed
By jeneep on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

I bought this just just before Halloween last year - not quite one year - with 101,000 miles. I had no issues with the car. Most were with the dealership for not taking care of regular maintenance before I bought it. I had actually enjoyed the power it had! And then my transmission failed on me. I'm a single mother and the sole reason I bought this car was because I thought it was reliable. Apparently I should have researched more because it's a well known problem on other boards. Here I am stuck with a $1700+ fix on top of the loan I already have. Thanks a lot, Oldsmobile! Research the car - I wouldn't trust the transmission, and I'm sure you don't want the expensive fix.

I love my Intrigue!
By JC on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

I am the original owner of this car and have put 126k miles on it. It has sat out in Chicago weather for 8/10 years and has only small exterior damage/rust. I was considering a new car, but only because of minor inconveniences including broken gas door release button, loose dash and air conditioning that just gave out this summer. After reading these reviews, I think I'll just make the repairs! I love my car and after test driving about a dozen new, have yet to find a car that will surpass my beautiful Intrigue. Sure, she's getting up there in age and showing a few age spots, but she runs great and I have NEVER had a problem with this car!

Crack made car
By GA on 07/17/10 08:46 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

This vehicle is a signature of GM's failure to create reliable and economical vehicles. Here's a list of repairs done through out my 10 yr ownership: all PWR windows, climate control, blower motor resistor, instrument panel, steering system, A/C compressor, cracked ac vents, wheel bearings, coil packs, crank sensor, cam sensor, oil seals, engine, transmission(2x), lower control arms, valve cover seals, EGR sensor, coolant reservoir, starter (x2)!

Best Car!
By BB on 03/20/10 10:37 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

My 2000 Intrigue has 250K miles on it and the only issue I've had is a hairline crack in the coolant tank and an axle that had to be replaced. As a single working mother of 4 kids this car has been a lifesaver. There is nothing worse than having an unreliable car. I am currently looking for the same year model car as a back up for this car. I'm not sure how much longer it can go but it just keeps on going.

PROBLEMS PROBLEMS PROBLEMS
By Garyca on 03/17/10 20:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

Purchased 2004 replaced the following: -2004 trans, fuel pump -2005 alternator, cam sensor -2006 coolant reservoir, starter -2008 crank sensor -2008 rack and pinion (pwr steering) -2008 all 4 pwr window switches -2008/9 4 pwr window regulators -2009 stereo, water pump, tensioner pulley and idler pulley -2010 instrument panel, rear view mirror, cracked stereo bezel, visors (covers are falling off), all speakers (all dead), pwr window weather strip, valve cover gaskets (oil leak, main pwr wndow switch, climate control, blower motor resistor, blower motor (rusted), a/c compressor. Worst vehicle ever built, this is why gm is failing.

Excellent car
By bp on 08/13/09 04:54 AM (PDT)

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue GLS 4dr Sedan

This car has had some electrical problems with the windows but nothing else other than normal upkeep. Mine has 165,000 miles on it and it runs like a champ. It also gets great mileage. I average 26 mpg with a good mix of open road and city driving. It handles great also, I lived on one of the worst red clay roads in my area and I never once had a problem with the handling. Good dependable and safe vehicle.