2014 Nissan Versa Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

2014 Nissan Versa Sedan

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

2014 Nissan Versa
By kidhppy

2014 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2014 Nissan Versa. It is a no frills car, but excellent for the price. I have a manual 5 speed so no cvt transmission. I like this car alot. Very good on gas, i have no issues when driving. Needs a new radio and it only has 2 speakers. Overall I am very happy i bought this car.

Favorite Features

5 speed manual, nice comfortable drive.

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest in the middle would be nice

Noisy Engine
By rangerblackbat

2014 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Biggest drawback in this car is the engine. Noisy, buzzy, underpowered. At times hesitated on takeoff. Good MPG at 34 average though. The CVT transmission which took some time to get use to would seemed like it wasn’t sure what (gear) it should be in. The car seems to ride and drive ok. Lots of back seat leg room and big trunk for a small car. Over all the car was okay but not as nice driving of a car as my sisters new Ford Focus with close to the same MPG.

Favorite Features

Rear leg room and good MPG.

Suggested Improvements

More power, quite motor. Lighted door controls.

New so new I shouldn't be writing this review yet.
By paulden_guy

2014 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a sedan over the Note even though I could have gotten a Note for a lot less. I like the sedans looks better. I bought the car for the gas mileage, interior space and trunk size. I am a large guy and fit with no problems. I did not buy it because it is a sport sedan, but it is practical for my daily commuting needs. Many reviews I read on here this site and others make me wonder how many are disgruntled owners that wanted a more expensive car (ALTIMA) and could only afford the Versa!?! I could have bought most any Nissan on the lot, but I chose the versa-tility of the Versa sedan

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, looks, amount of room in back seat and trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Leather seat steering wheel and shifter option on SL models (then I would have bought one), ashtrays (miss them ok If you don't smoke where do you put your change then?), chrome trim below the doors or at least a finished edge option.

Most reviews are BS...
By jebediah

2014 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I haven't found a single realistic review. Im going to try to give you one with this horribly short space. The cost, for what it is is good. It's one of the cheapest new cars you can own, great gas mileage and Nissan makes good quality cars. When actually driving. You have large blind spots. Looking out the windows including rear is very difficult due to the design of the seats specifically, along with the shape and size of the windows themselves. This is a safety hazard. Merging into traffic especially the highway, or anywhere will need you to be defensive and deliberate. Very touchy turning. If you are distracted for a few seconds you could easily go into another lane by accident.

Favorite Features

The features are pretty basic. Mine originally came with alloy wheels but I told them to get rid of them. It lowers the cost of the car. They are not needed, it's more a luxury. Power windows, locks. The back doors can only be opened with the remote or from the inside. The Stereo is, like about every stock car, crap. Taking it out and putting in one, seems, like it wont be straight forward. I haven't tried it yet though. The car is only spacious in the back. The front is absolutely not designed for large/bigger ppl. (Im not even a big guy) This effects driving.

Suggested Improvements

The large blind spots and severe inability to properly look out of your windows creates a safety hazard, when merging with any traffic, and especially when going on the highway/ passing. I plan on cutting the heads off the top of my seats. It is not until you take this car on the highway and realistically drive it that you will notice this... I understand that some people drive with only their mirrors, so this can be a personal preference thing, but driving with mirrors only is an accident waiting to happen. Needs more play when turning. No one should be texting and driving, but if you do, It will only be a matter of time before you hit something due to it's touchyness.

No complaints
By matt5741

2014 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car does what it was intended to do. Gas mileage has been 37 mpg so far and its a decent little car. Basic model with manual windows and locks. Basically less stuff to break down the road. Very happy with this car seeing my last one averaged 14 mpg.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior, basic features that work, its a functional car that doesnt break the bank.