Pleasantly surprised to say the least
By arg76 on
2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)
I have a long comute around 110 miles a day and i was getting a little tired of my SUV and it 17mpg, i wanted two things, great fuel economy and no car payment. I looked at the Honda, i looked at the Toyota Yaris and corolla they just felt cheap, then i noticed Nissan were offering the Versa for under 11k. It turned out the 11k version was a manual trans, wind up windows basic stereo and seat cloth that felt like twine, its a new car for 11k i get its not going to be mega luxury, so the dealer showed me the SV version, a little more 16.5k but much nicer interior and CVT box and ipod plug and nicer seats. I drove and bought it that day, amazing mpg more than they claim, and really a great car
Favorite Features
averaging 37.8 mpg, on one two hour freeway drive i set the cruise at 72 mph and got 42mpg, that hybrid fuel economy at a 16k price tag, the seats are really comfortable and i love the ipod plug in feature. Its an extremely smooth ride and i kid you not my back seat passengers had more leg room than in my Envoy Denali. The CVT takes some getting used too, it can rev quite high up hills, but again for 37.8 mpg i could care less, its quiet as a mouse at cruising speed.
Suggested Improvements
i do miss an arm rest i will admit, if checked out after market center arm rests and might invest in one. For some reason the fact the doors dont unlock until i take the key out of the ignition really annoys me, but its hardly a massive deal.