2012 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
A Great Way To Save Some Cash
By toddp77 on 01/21/13 09:15 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed saving cash and driving a manual transmission. I drove a 1983 Nissan Sentra in high school and this car provides some nostalgia for me. This is a very inexpensive vehicle and it shows in several ways that may be deal breakers for some people but reminds me of how much money I saved. The handling and power are sacrificed for savings and fuel efficiency. I was also swayed by the large interior with numerous air bags and better than you would expect safety ratings.

Excellent economy car!!
By 1973vw on 09/05/12 18:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Where to begin with the Versa. For $10,990 it's one of the best values I've ever seen. The interior is exceptionally roomy for a small car. Honestly it has as much room as a full size car. The trunk is huge! It has decent power for climbing and accelerating but gets well over 50mpg on the highway. Good quality all around. Awesome car. Buying one was the best decision I've made in a while.

1st month Versa S 5 speed
By sbcar on 09/03/12 11:50 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have had the car for a month, no problems. So far a great value. My wife is getting 41mpg driving to work each day at 2 lane highway speeds. 60+ mph. The car is quite large for a sub compact. Bought a center arm rest on EBAY and 2 vanity mirrors at Auto Zone, now we are set.

Not bad for $10,990!
By astonvsbugatti on 08/10/12 20:11 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my 1.6L Versa sedan in manual transmission, and I enjoy it. I especially enjoy not having a car payment! It's practical and economical, but it's not for everyone. I have a basic model, and had a brief moment of buyer's remorse when I realized that the car didn't come with floor mats, rear speakers, or even a trunk lid release! But, it gets great gas mileage, shifts smoothly, has an adjustable height lever on the driver's seat, an AUX jack for iPhone/iPod, a basic trip computer with MPG info, and front, side and curtain airbags. It also has good safety crash ratings. I think that Nissan did a great job of incorporating the important things into the car.

Excellent mileage
By super9 on 05/14/12 18:36 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The versa manual 5 speed sedan is excellent on mileage. AT speeds of 55-to 60 miles per hour I am getting about 53-56 miles per gallon as indicated by the on board mileage computer. I did not know this is possible, but I guess, it is as the manufacture does not advertise this mileage on its window sticker. The ride is smooth at faster speeds. Mileage increases at 45 miles per hour, to 60 miles per gallon.

Good car, great price!
By versatileauto on 10/10/11 07:05 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car handles and rides nicely. Actually very nicely. It's surprising how smooth the ride is. I have the base model with manual transmission. The car shifts like butter, and the engine has good power delivery. Excellent cabin and trunk space. Ergonomics are good regarding controls in the cabin. Steering wheel feels good in the hand. Price point of base model car cannot be challenged by any car on the market. Seats are very comfortable and supportive and I love the height adjustable driver's seat. Very easy to get in and out of the car. You don't fall down into the car seat. nor do you have to pull yourself up and out of the car. This car is going to do well in my opinion.

Objective opinion of 2012 Versa Sedan 1.6S MT
By versatileauto on 10/09/11 08:30 AM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

In my opinion, there is a great deal of misinformation out there on the 2012 Nissan Versa Sedan, and little to no information on the base model 1.6S MT with 5 speed manual transmission. In an effort to inform others, I submit the following. Due to the absence of inventory of the base model, I had to order the car. It took approximately 2 months to arrive, so I advise those looking for the stripped down version of the car to simply go to the dealership and order the car (assuming you have the luxury to wait). Dealers are reluctant to stock the manual transmission model. I give the Versa my highest praise for value & quality on a budget. This is a fine automobile at a very fine price.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Versa Sedan in VA is:

$141 per month*