1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
couldn't be happier
By carlovver on 05/10/12 12:39 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in thinking it would only last me a year, ha, was I wrong. I started with 88k and it currently has 173k and still running strong. My only major repairs were a clutch replacement, front driver wheel bearing, and water pump. Aside from normal maintenance this car will not give up! It is my daily driver (gets around 30mpg on the highway) and if I could buy another one with low miles I would do it in a heartbeat.

Great little car!
By hellooonurse on 02/07/12 18:47 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

This older model Sentra has been such a reliable car. I bought it when I was in college at 110k miles on it and drove it the 300 miles back and forth between my hometown and college for 2 years, and at that point it was already 13-14 years old! Does great on the interstate. The only thing I didn't like about it was it doesn't have a lot of "get up n' go" when accelerating and it tends to lose momentum/power when going up hills, especially when there is more than 2 people in the car. Like every car, there's mechanical work to be done. I have replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump 3x in the 5 years that I have owned it. Nothing else major. Overall, super good, reliable little car. Loved it.

Just wont die
By james on 11/19/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

This has been a relatively low cost car to own. It gets 30+ mpg when driven normally. The smaller engine makes it tough especially when the car looses quite a bit of speed when climbing hills. It just keeps going. Ours has 183k miles and a cousin has one with 250k miles.

Great Car
By Derrick on 04/09/10 18:59 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car back in Nov 2007 with 185,000 miles on it. I now have 223,000 it and the car is still running great. I am the 2nd owner of this car the 1st owner took great care of it and I have also been taking good car of it also. I paid $1100 for this car but the car easily paid for itself when gas price got high in 08 this car was still getting 35 miles to the gallon. I have had to replace a couple parts such as the alternator, front disk and pads, thermostat, tires. But I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable work car. I drive it 64 miles total round trip everyday 5 days a week. I look forward to seeing at least 300,000 miles on this car. Best car Nissan ever built.

Good little car
By Richard on 09/04/09 08:01 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I have had my sentra for 6 years now and its a good reliable car. Major repairs was a rebuilt engine my fault there I had an oil leak and I did not fill it or got it fixed like I should have. And I had to have the tranny rebuilt a few years ago again due to a tranny leak.. 116,000 when I bought it and now at 154,00 running goo...Just have to make sure its properly maintained. I'm 6'2 tall and the car is not made to accommodate tall people.

Like a Rock - Nissan Style
By Oldebutgoofdie on 05/04/08 19:49 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

My Sentra, a 4dr. Limited Edition model, has been the most reliable car I've owned in 45 years of driving. The brakes are marginal, the rear seat is for people under 5'8" tall, and the original starter and alternator failed before 70,000 miles... that's ALL the bad things about this car. Smooth engine, and transmission, and it will cruise all day at 65 mph and deliver 35-42 mpg depending on the terrain. I intended long ago to buy a newer one, but with the low mileage, and excellent physical condition...why? I'm aiming for 150,000, then I'll sell it. Highly recommended for frugal, reliable transportation.

Single owner for 14 years
By Thierry on 01/05/08 11:51 AM (PST)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I was looking for a reliable, economical and long lasting car in 1994, now I know I found it!

1994 Nissan Sentra
By Teacher type of car on 07/13/07 13:19 PM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

I bought my car almost 4 years ago after never finding a good replacement for another Japanese import. I have put ~$1500 in some repairs (starter, oil seal, struts, brakes, battery) in about 3 years, but the car has been very economical. The car has been very reliable even when fancier cars couldn't start or go in bad weather. You are a smart person to get this car. I will look for a comparable vehicle when this one gives up... if it ever gives up!

Super Reliable
By shopgirl on 06/21/07 06:38 AM (PDT)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

This car was given to me by my mother when I got my license, it is a wonderful first car. At 176,000 miles, it still runs like new and starts up every winter morning. Although it is light, it is good in snow because of its maneuverability. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a super reliable car at a decent price.

Keeps on tickin'
By Mom's car on 01/12/07 18:16 PM (PST)

1994 Nissan Sentra Sedan XE 4dr Sedan

This car has made more trips to the mechanic than any other car we own (and we own 5) BECAUSE it's picking up or dropping off the other 4! I have 227,000 miles on it. I have replaced: 1 water pump, 1 alternator, tons of tires, 4 sets of brakes. NOTHING ELSE! Not a powerful car by any means, o.k. comfort wise, starting to rust a wee bit. It's been all over this country and I plan to keep it until it dies (which it seems to be refusing to let go!). Use common sense, change the oil it will treat you just fine.