2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2006 Altima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Sort Reviews by

Great car for the price!
By CharlieLuvsBrookeAAF

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Sure you can go out and spend 30 or 40k on a Benz, BMW, or a Lexus,,,but why? It is a fact the Nissans last just as long and are actually really nice cars. I would suggest this car to anyone. I am a family man with a small child and there is no other name other than Nissan that I would trust to put my child in. In 2004 We had a serious fuel pump problem which we should have gotten fixed. I decided I would hold off since it was going to cost 500 dollars to fix. I was riding down the road and the car just shut off. (This was in my 1997 Nissan altima ) Come to find out the mechanic said we would have all died in any other car. Nissan added a protective device that makes the car shut dow

Great car for the money
By Lola

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

A nice and roomy vehicle with a cool twist. Great on gas, yet not too small of a vehicle. The body on the altima has improved and so has the drive. Nice and smooth!

Favorite Features

Stylish exterior, fuel economy, modern interior and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

The cloth interior can be improved.

Screwed up on the door handles
By Newy

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A beautiful car that is fun to drive and hard to catch! Just one thing, it is so hard to reach out to close the doors in the front once you are seated. They should have put a handle closer to the middle of the door.

Favorite Features

Style, she is a beauty. I love how they put that screen behind the middle rear view mirror to keep the sun out of the drivers eyes. Why not put it all along the top of the windshield?

Suggested Improvements

Improvement on the handle to close the doors. Lights on the stearing wheel to access cruse, mode, etc. Also, just the slightest touch and the drink holder cover opens.

Love My 06 Altima
By Jeff

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I Just traded my 1997 BMW 528i in for a 2006 Nissan Altima, and let me tell you that was the best thing I ever did. I love My car. It's bigger inside than my BMW, with more leg room it's very comfortable. My Altima is the Satin White with tan interior. The interior is clean lined with so many compartments I had to buy stuff to put in my car. I've loved the new design of the Altima & couldn't wait to get one. The engine is a 4 cylinder, but it is fast & has pleanty of power I work in Three Rivers & it climbs those mountains like a Hummer. It is also great on gas wheather your driving in town or freeway. I recommend this car to anyone looking for a great car that has style,comfort,performance.

Favorite Features

My Favorite features are the clean line look interior, the comfort of the seats, the tons of compartments for stuff. I love the overall style of the car. It has so much room in the front & back. The windows are big so everyone in the back can see outside which also make the back seat feel bigger.

Suggested Improvements

I had a 1997 BMW which had everything you can think of & the things I would love to see in the next model Altima's is Visor lights, and when you put the car in park it unlocks the doors, or when you pull on the drivers handle to get out it unlocks the door. Those are the only things.

Tremendous fun-to-drive car
By JLNYC

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 3.5 SE is a rocket, VERY fast, handles and corners terrifically, extremely spacious, comfortable, easy- to-use controls and very nice interior (charcoal), and has a large trunk. The driving position is perfect with all the power seat adjustments and telescoping steering wheel. And of course, considering it's a 4-door sedan, it's a hot-looking car. The only quibble I have is that it rides a little stiff on bumpy roads.

Favorite Features

Buttons on the steering wheel that control the radio and cruise control. Power seat adjustments.

Suggested Improvements

Power seats for the passenger side. If possibile, smooth out the ride a bit without sacrificing any handling. Also, automatic transmission occasionally jerks a bit at low speeds (very minor).

This Is The Best
By dwalz

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned Hondas, Toyotas, Jaguars, Fords and Volvos during the past 10- years. My new Nissan Altima 2.5 S is by far and away the best car I've ever driven. I don't have any idea of where some of the negative reviews come from. I can only guess it's from another car maker owner that wants to "dis" Nissan to help raise the re- sale value of their car. This is a great car and a great value for the price.

Favorite Features

For a "base" vehicle, this car has so many "extras" (included) compared to its competitors that it is the upscale car of all of them: Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Volkswagen Passat, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Advertise more to improve your image. We who own your cars love them and would like to see higher re-sale values.

Lemon
By Anne Ambruch

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My motor seized which means I need a new motor and Nissan won't help me. I have bought 5 Nissan's before this, but never again.

Favorite Features

The car does look awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Different motor.

06 Altima
By Cristy

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car drives so smoothly. Easy, and fun to drive. Great on gas! Only fill up once a week going back and forth to work everyday about 30 miles. The newer body style is great too

Not too Impressed
By T. Moront

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2006 Altima is an attractive car, but it sure has a jerky kind of pick- up. I'm not impressed with the motor and power to accelerate when needed. It also does not ride as quiet as I thought it would. The interior is comfortable enough and roomy.

Favorite Features

Interior back support and steering wheel controls of radio etc.

Suggested Improvements

Better acceleration and pick-up. Standard passenger back support and electric seats. Compass on rearview mirror (standard). Better sound system. Higher front seats for visibility. Bigger glove compartment for important documents, First Aid kit, etc. It doesn't hold a lot.

Sports car that doesn't look like one!
By Skelley

2006 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Mother of 2 here, this is my second altima purchase - first was a base model 3 years ago. This upgraded version is well worth it! This is one fast car for what I'm used to. Love the added features. Intererior is a little dark, but overall I am highly please with this family/sporty car! CUP HOLDERS are much better than the huge one's they used to put in. better storage too!

Favorite Features

Inside amenities - shifting, homelink garage door opener - 6 disc CD Changer

Suggested Improvements

I thought the Bose System would sound much nicer - but sounds about the same as my last 03' altima. Add a spoiler!