2005 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Will Never Leave Nissan
By fpento on 05/23/09 08:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

After many hours of reviews, I decided to purchase the 3.5 Altima. With the added HP and the spacious room ... baby on the way ... I couldn't go wrong. The car's a bullet! Gotta love that award winning V6. Almost a year into ownership and nothing has gone wrong. When it's time to replace this, there will have to be something special out there for me to get something different that an Altima!

ALTIMA 05
By sas on 05/19/09 12:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my altima 05 2.5S brand new. Love the look of the car. Very sporty looking. Performance was great until I had approx 34k on the car. Radiator went. Dealership made me pay for radiatior which was over $800K and I had bumper to bumper on car plus extended warranty. Ended up getting my money back when I went to Nissan Headquarters. Changed dealerships for servicing. Check engine light came on at 104K and was told it was the catalyc converter which cost me over $900 to fix it. Needless to say I drove it until I had 145K and traded it in for a 2009 Mitsubishi Galant. Engine too noisy. Overall not a bad car with improvements. Wanted to try something different.

4 years and still happy
By Satified Owner on 05/17/09 10:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 3.5 SE new in 2005. I only have 28000 miles but I have had very few problems. The car has only been in the shop for routine maintenance. However, in march of 2009 I had to replace my battery. I have heard of others with this problem. Overall I am happy. The 3.5 engine has a lot of power. This is fun at stop lights and has gotten me out of a few jams on the freeway. The complaints about the road noise (esp in the back), turning radius, and cheap interior are valid. They are not prohibitive however. I live in DC now so the turning radius is more pronounced. I have taking this car on 400 mile trips (I can get 33 mpg on the highway) and have been completely satisfied.

50k I still like it.
By MMT on 05/06/09 13:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car new. It had a strange squeak in front end, dealership eventually found and fixed it. I have had absolutely no mechanical issues w/ the car. I love the power of the 2.5L for the size of the car. I love that it has a big-car-feel when driving but has some economy aspects such as gas mileage. The ride is a little mushy w/ 4 adults, good w/ 2. Interior plastic could be of better quality but, for my experience w/ this car, the engine, size, comfort, fuel economy and price make it more affordable than the accord (which I test drove and found it rode as stiff and bumpy and my sportbike; gut jarring). I am going to sell it because its just that time, but I will miss it very much

Good Car!!
By M.J. on 04/29/09 18:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2.5 SL. I bought it brand new with 4 miles on it. I get about 24.5 mpg in the city. It has a good size trunk and lots of leg room in the back seat. Knock on wood, I have had no problems with this car. I have about 65,000 miles on it. I just had my third set of tires put on. For a four banger engine it is pretty peppy. Leather interior has held up great!!

Newbie
By Gary on 04/17/09 18:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car last week and still have the new(used)car love affair. I will keep you posted on its performance. It's kind of scary the number of complaints with the fuel pump. After years of having used cars in there teens, I really hope my newer car purchase is a positive one. By the way, first overseas product ever purchased...don't let me down.

OK Car
By Anna on 04/07/09 11:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Car is a bit noisy. Fun car to drive on the highway, but in town visibility doesn't seem to be that great because the car sits so low. Interior parts are very cheaply made. Lots of back seat space & trunk space. Rattling noises in places can't be detected. Dashboard is sensitive to the sun and is actually deforming/melting up above the steering wheel. Always problems w/the door locks. Car likes to just lock by itself at times. Decent on gas. Front seats don't seem to be too comfortable on long rides. They sit too low as well. Tires seem to wear quickly and seems tire noise is loud no matter what. Biggest beef is the cheap interior parts.

Buyer Beware!!!!!!
By Chelsey on 04/02/09 16:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Be careful about the reviews, this car starts giving you ALOT of trouble about the third year, crank shift sensor replaced THREE TIMES, fuel pump replaced in 2008 and again this week in 2009. Rotors went on back brakes at 42,000 miles. Two sets of tires. From what I have read this has happened to many owners of the Altima. This car is a major lemon! This was my first and last Nissan. I am trading it in this weekend as from what I read the catalytic converter and transmission are the next to go.

Hidden Problem
By Jacquelyn Calhoun on 03/21/09 07:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this car in July of 2008. It drives great and it has the power that I love in a car. As I read some of the other review it is apparent that the fuel pump is an issue with this car. Driving down the expressway and having the car cut off in morning rush hour traffic is a very scary experience. This may change the way I feel about Nissan and it products. I should have just gotten another Honda they last longer and hold the value better. This was a very costly mistake that I will have to pay for when Nissan should be taking care of the bill.

Good Car
By Green Machine on 03/11/09 11:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Altima as a demo with about 3K miles on it and 4.5 yrs later at 110k miles I havent had any trouble with it. I had to replace the battery and the brakes which are normal maintenance. The car is very dependable. When I wash it it shines up just like new!