Used 2005 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Fantastic car
By kchubs

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car a year and a half ago. It served me well. The only issue was that the clutch would drop a bit once and a while, but never hindered my driving. I added an iPod player to the bose sound system and it worked amazing, never heard anything that sounded so good. And this car loved to be driven hard. 0-100 km/h in just over 6 seconds, and everything was stock. Take turns hard and it would continue to grip. Suspension is harder than a normal 3.5, so ride was a bit rougher with semi-bald tires, but smooth with good tires. The car was also rolled into the ditch off the highway, side airbags went off, not front (which was good). My wife walked out of the car. This was a great car!

The tires/rims, the awesome headlights, sunroof, leather interior, the speed and power of the engine, manual transmission, 6th gear was great on freeways, at least 800 km per tank using premium fuel, sound system, reliable, A LOT OF ROOM! I'm 6'3" and fit in the back seat with lots of room to spare.

Clutch dropped once and a while, no big deal, just inconvenient at times. Parts of the interior felt like cheap plastic, but nothing broke.

Good car still going strong
By Phred

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car new; no problems in 60,000 miles. Just had brakes replaced for first time at 60k miles - dealer said he never heard of them lasting that long (I don't race to red lights and stop signs). Speedometer has always read 3 MPH higher than actual. Nice highway cruiser. Drives well with all season tires in Rochester, NY winter snows.

Design is nice - poor man's Infiniti. Steering wheel cruise and radio controls are nice.

Would be nice to have more than 4 spd AT.

I love my Altima!
By TN Driver

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Altima used with 17k miles on it to replace a smaller car that had been wrecked. I wasn't sure about a 4 door family sedan (always had been a "coupe" lady), but I needed something I could haul grandchildren in. It is fun to drive and I love the slightly aggressive lines. My teenage son said "Mom, this is the coolest car!" It has the 2.5l 4-cyl engine, & while the pep from the 6-cyl would be cool at times, I don't want to give up the fuel economy the 4-cyl has.

Sharp looking sedan Fun to drive Decent fuel economy

Can't think of any, but sure do wish it could hold 3 car seats in the back seat. Grandbaby #3 is on the way! Time for a mini-van or suv... :-(

I love my nissan!
By navypolice

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Nissan. I'll just get that one out of the way. For a 2.5/175 hp it's got some giddy up and go. It handles pretty well. I wish it didn't have as much roll when I'm taking tight turns. I wish it had more hp. And I wish it had a nice system, but I installed that. But I'm used to BMW and Mercedes-Benz.

leg room, electric seat, stylish up to date dash, rides very smooth, gas efficient, quick, smooth transmission, shifts pretty quick, when you down shift or when you are going up in rpm shift it has a purr that sounds like a turbo.

i wish it didn't have as much roll when i'm taking tight turns. i wish it had more hp. and i wish it had a nice system, but i installed that. id like some high performance tires. i wish i had the 3.5l v6. so if you want the sporty version get the 3.5.

Run from it like your head is on fire
By KarenMarie

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best looking piece of crap on the road. As a highway driver I don't brake much. Curious as to why I had to get new rear brakes at 20k which was just over a year and that was just the start, lost count of my brake jobs. I've had to replace the steering rack, wheel hub, under carriage parts, tie rod, front struts, rear shocks, radiator: within the first 12 months, battery and alternator. And that is just the major repairs. I've lost track of the nuisance repairs. They claim there are no leaks and yet I put oil in it every couple of months. My extended warranty paid for itself many times over. My parting thoughts: Run, run from the Altima like your head is on fire.

Love my heated leather seats. 3.5 L engine has great pick-up. It is a good car for tall people. It was one of the few at the time to have the side crash curtains.

The braking system! Steering, handling, suspension, struts, shocks, under carriage, wheel hubs, front defroster, put a keyhole in the trunk, engine cooling system