Used 2003 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Been a great car so far
By Halbergrada

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have put 57,000 miles on my Altima. Right now I'm sitting at just under 75,000 miles. So far I have not had any major maintenance issues and the car has been very reliable. I did have to replace the brakes at 45k miles and the tires at 50k, which I think is pretty reasonable. It's not using a drop of oil. I do have one annoyance. My drivers window switch is going out and sometimes it takes a few tries to get my window to stay up.

Heated seats, bose stereo, homelink door opener, split back seat, 20 gal tank.

(1) The seats are not comfortable at all for me. My back or neck is constantly bothering me. My wife doesn't' like them either. Our 2005 Accord has better seats. 2) The paint isn't the greatest especially on the front where it's plastic. It's really starting to chip away now.

So far so good
By Snoopy62

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car new since August, 2003 and there have been minor problems all except for the radiator tank cracking and having to be replaced. Minor problems like the hood support rod, whe I put it up to check the oil and snapped the rod into the holder under the hood, the hook part snapped off. Luckily the dealer had them in stock. This was int he cold weather so maybe it was the plastic got too rigiid otherwise I would have to hold up the hood by hand. Computer had to be reprogrammed twice after a recall. The original Continental tires stink and I finally got michelins after the second set of continentals. They only lasted 23k each set. 32 mpg on the highway using Cruise control!

Body style, Original Nissan fog lamps added and it makes a big difference.

a little better interior

Excellent All-Around Vehicle
By Trevor

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used 2 years ago, and it has yet to disappoint me. It now has 107k miles and no problems. Very good acceleration and handling, great turn radius, extremely smooth ride and very spacious seating area. I love the eye catching rear light design, it hypnotizes people that drive behind me. Decent gas mileage, and nice features, overall a very satisfying vehicle. Although the "bose" sound system is a bit disappointing, and the microchip key costs over $100 to make a duplicate.

Acceleration, smooth ride, spacious seating, rear lights.

Include a more powerful sound system, remove the microchip design from the key.

Good but with its faults
By Ivan

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

The interior is cheap and pretty ugly. The turning radius is worse than a Ford Explorer. The cabin pressure is set up so that with the front two windows down theres alot of wind and pressure (compared to my 96 Maxima) but ok with all four windows down. The steering wheel is off to the left a bit and my seat seems to be facing slightly to the left, either way its not straightforward and it makes driving a bit uncomfortable. That last part is my real pet peeve. The circular dashboard is annoying too. Basically the whole interior stinks but I've had it since 52,000 miles (67 now) and no major repairs needed so far, its pretty fast, handles well (except for u-turns) and ok to look at.

Speed, reliability, gas consumption (as compared to my previous Titan).

Whole interior. Needs better upholstery and needs to put steering wheel directly in front of driver seat (no weird angles).

awesome
By margie

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I loved my Altima. I only had it 7 months but it drove so smooth, was fast and handled curves very well. I no longer have it, it was totaled after a serious accident I had. I survived but my beautiful Altima did not. It was the best vehicle I had ever had.

All the hands-on controls, the sleek style and the driving is smooth. You don't realize you're driving fast.

Nothing-I loved my Altima.