Used 2003 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Great, fast "Four-door 350Z" car!
By j3r3l

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car is magnificantly overall a good car for someone who wants the 350Z but, also wants better seating compacity.(Maybe I could be over-saying it a little bit, but this is a very fast var for a sedan.) I am at 105,000 miles and the cars is still driving like it was brand new; though I accelerate very fast on average. I love this car. Though, this is only my second car; I have driven many sports cars and this cars does very well for a front wheel drive. This car drives just as good as my father's BMW 745 except for the smoothness. The 745 is a lot smoother. I would recommend this car to anyone who basically wants a "four-door sports car. But this is a great car....Enough said!

Acceleration Braking Ability to make really fast turns Suspensions (Ride comfort) Gas MPG ....

Turning Radius for a Midsized Sedan. I mean, really Nissan? In my opinion, as much power this car has it should either be Rear or All-wheel drive. Not Front. Interior materials seem to break/crack very easily.

2003 2.5 4 cylinder Altima
By bclark_1

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I feel I got scammed. The engine used oil from the day I bought it, with only 33,000 miles. The massive oil consumption only got worse. I took it to the garage and was told the catylatic converter had fell apart and went into the engine causing it to destroy the engine. I was informed this is a common problem with this vehicle, due to the recall on the sensor that causes this to happen. Obviously this is a factory defect. I contacted Nissan to make them aware of my problem and received no reply. Be aware of this problem.

Nice vehicle to drive if you dont mind stopping every few miles to check the gas and fill the oil.

This car sucks!
By biggdaddy23

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car in 2006 with only 31,000 miles. Kept getting a cylinder 2 misfire and tried everything to fix it, change coil pack, spark plugs etc. Car starts shaking and had a weird smell like someone posted earlier. Had to replace motor mounts, brakes and power steering pump. Every six months it seemed like the car had a problem that needed fixing. The catalytic converter needed replacing and the ac compressor also was going out on the car so I decided to trade it in for a hyundai elantra this week. i realized that i spent almost $4,000 dollars into repairing this car. I will never buy a Nissan ever again!

Size

Everything else

GREAT CAR HIGH MAINTANCE
By cesar5150

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

so i was 19 this was my first car i asumed it would hav low cost labor and parts i bought a 2003 altima with 94,000 miles used it for comuting 50 miles roundtripp at 110,000 car wasted much gas and slow engine light on dealership told me it was the crankshaft and cam sensor so i paid 200.00 to fix and repair car ran way legit .thennn AT 120.000 miles THE HEADLIGHTS WIPERS TAILIGHTS HEATER AND A/C DIDNT WORK AGAIN TO NISSAN THEY TOLD ME IT WAS IPDM. INTELEGENT POWER DISTURBUTION MODULE COST ME 1,200 TO REPAIR THEN I WUD USE SYNTHETIC OIL AND PERFORMANCE SPARK PLUGS CAR RAN FAST NISSAN SHOULA GAVE IT 200 HP INSTEAD OF 175 THE RAIDIATOR ALSO NEEDED REPLACEMENT and pulley

QUIET ENGINE SYNTHETIC OIL MORE POWER FAST SPACIOUS STYLISH NICE SOUND SYSTEM GOOD GAS MILEGE i am gonna buy another

give it more hp and those wheel cover dang give it alloys already interior cupholdes cheap cover broke rear left window would get stuck headlight bulbs were a very big pain to replace omg nissan comon they use the very small h1 bulbs dang. stop USING THE (QR25DE) I4 2.5S AND USE THE VG30DE ENGINE

Good-Bye Nissan
By Carolina

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, I have been very disappointed at this car. Paid top dollar for it, very roomy and loved the dealership. This car, though, would have costly repairs FREQUENTLY even after I took very good care of it as I followed the maintenance schedule. After being told that I needed to put in about $3,000 in repairs to replace catalytic converter, replace rack and pinion and alignment and then of course their additional suggestions such as fuel injection service and engine oil flush, I decided to get a new car. I have had enough! I'm looking at the Sonata, Camry and the Accord. Hope to have better luck with another car.

This is a very roomy car with good trunk space. It looks very nice. Got lots of compliments at how roomy the back seats were.

Up keep needs to be less frequent.