Nissan has Solid Hybrid
By CH on
2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Just purchased the car for my commute to work and while I haven't driven it enough to be an authority user, I'm pleased overall with the car and its performance: ride is smooth. Got the tech package which may not be worth the $ since the nav system isn't as intuitive as others in the aftermarket. Also, while the rear camera is cool, I don't use it much since parking habits die hard. My biggest complaint revolves around the vibrations when system goes from EV to gas mode and back - it's very noticeable. Potential buyers: test drive! The brakes also seem to 'kick-back' at times and I'm not sure whether this is b/c the car is new, if it's the VDC kicking on or something else.
Favorite Features
Fairly roomy and comfortable. The tech package, while probably not worthwhile, gives the car a real innovative feel to the vehicle. Too bad most dealers now only carry tech pkg. Really like the Voice Activation - works surprisingly well for me though I know some users have had issues.
Suggested Improvements
1) Move the battery somewhere else besides the trunk! Seriously cuts cargo space. 2) Make it really obvious that the car is off and doors are locked - I usually double check before leaving the radius of the car. The keyless remote is really cool, but kinda scary too.