2003 Mitsubishi Montero Consumer Review: Best Bang for your recessionar

2003 Mitsubishi Montero - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Best Bang for your recessionary buck
By tilolite on

2003 Mitsubishi Montero Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 03 Montero 20th Anniv used for a much less than similarly loaded or capable SUV. I already own a 98 Montero Sport with over 155k mi which is still running great. I expect the same or better from this one. I was attracted to Montero's rally heritage, bullet proof engine and that I grew up with them in the Caribbean where they are known as Pajero. Although 7 yrs old, this SUV still turns heads since it is fairly rare. It goes anywhere in style. It's reliable, comfortable and cheap to buy especially used leaving me with money for new mods. I have added wheel spacers for improve stability and look. Next I will add larger rims & tires, a cold air intake to increase HP and MPG.

Huge sunroof, 4x4 features, go-anywhere capability, unique and classic styling, exclusivity (not another Armada or Yukon), interior style, fully loaded for low price, fast depreciation since I bought it used and don't plan to sell.

STRONGER gas or a diesel engine, ipod or aux input, radio controls on steering wheels, memory for seat adjustments, wider wheel base to improve stability,navigation. 2nd row movable and fold truly flat. Xenon. Not sure if I would pay more for any of those improvements, they are nice to have