1996 Mitsubishi Galant - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Galant model:
Love this car!
By mdark on 11/02/11 23:01 PM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 150k miles on it, has had a few minor issues but nothing abnormal for a car that's now pushing 165k miles. The car is extremely comfortable, I love driving it and the gas economy for a 1996 is AMAZING. The freeway MPG is phenomenal, however it dislikes stop and go in-town driving and traffic. Extremely reliable and the maintenance fees are pretty reasonable. I'd recommend this car to anyone, I can expect it to go 200k with ease.

Galant GS
By Monkey on 01/29/10 13:27 PM (PST)

1996 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

Great little car. Even after adding some bolt on power (turbo) the car was very reliable. This is until we hit 170000, then the engine had a few stumbles. At 175000 the engine said its about my time and the transmission soon followed. I am sure that had this drivetrain remained stock it would have easily hit the 250000 mark.

Big style, little substance.
By MBowen574 on 10/08/05 22:17 PM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1996 Mitsubishi Galant as a college car. It had 83,400 miles on it when bought, now it is at 90,850 miles. I love the styling, inside and out. I love that it's easy to work on. I just love this car. I've done a great deal of work on it, and have mostly gotten it all working again. The engine is really smooth for a 4-cyl. with the A/C off, the interior has held up really well, all the problems the car had when I got it have been relatively easy to fix. It's a shame the parts are so expensive and the major components (engine, transmission) are so finicky about care and proper maintainence. I can provide great care to this car, and have. The previous owners didn't. It's a shame really. I plan to keep it for a long time! This is an awesome car!

The reasonable car
By planotx on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

All I have to say about this car that it's the perfect combination of every use for you money. It is fast enough, comfortable enough, not too expensive to take care of, fun enough and still not too out of fashion.

Old and Steady
By Diane Bloom on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

This is second mitsubish. I owned. Minor problems on interior after 1st year, i.e. plastic parts not fitting. Internal air filter disentegrated after 5 years of ownership. Replaced brakes twice on front, battery 2x already and all tires once. Has high miles now and still works well, though a timing belt may be its next repair need. Tape deck and horn died last year as well as interior vanity light and trunk light. Love the Homelink system. Good maneuverability in tight places. Still can get over 80 mph quickly. Is squishy with one infant seat in center and another next to it. Good visibility- few blind spots. Still reliable car.

Great car
By millenniumsea on 08/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

It's a great car, comfortable and quite fast for a mid-category family car, excellent for weekend trips and everyday use too. The interior could be more pretty, especially the color, but the interior is very well designed and practical. Surprisingly good sound system as it comes from the factory.