1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Review: 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Review

GSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual)

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
By bryan1x on

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I bought this car used and I've had it for around 10 years now and counting. I've honestly have had no problems with my car, it's always been reliable since the day I bought it. For the past 4-5 years I've modified the car and race in the SCCA with it. It puts out 300hp on a dyno. This car beats SVT Mustangs and Corvettes around the circuit, and even beat a Dodge Challenger 6.1 HEMI in a drag race. It has the 4G63 engine, which is the same engine as the Mitsubishi EVO. With that in mind and the all wheel drive and turbo, these cars are unique and getting hard to find. I will never sell my car.

4G63 engine is the best feature of this car. If you know cars, you'll know it's the same engine in the EVO. I love the interior with the dash made for the driver. The fact that this car is all wheel drive make it a lot of fun. I also love the wing, reminds me of the Supra. Besides the engine, I would have to say my favorite part would be the front bumper.

The GSX is great from the factory, but if you want to improve the performance I would suggest a front mount intercooler instead of the side mount. Also an updated airfilter and intake and a turbo-back exhause wouldn't hurt. Keep these cars looking nice and stock on the exterior is the best way this car looks.