1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:
Luv My Rocket Super Fun...
By tashaluv2 on 12/04/12 06:09 AM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback

We Pd 700 bucks for it 3 years ago & did minor work tires,ect basic stuff & few weeks ago the clutch went so we replaced it a bit of a job but clutch is One Piece but we did it.U find oodles of parts on Net & not expensive & just bought an 05 V6 & I'd rather drive this one w over 150k miles & have 5 cars & I'd rather drive my rocket and Std trans ride is Fun,Fun...

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse
By dsmbasshead on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car, as a replacement for my 2002 Mercury Cougar C2, and I think the eclipse was, by my standards, definitely an upgrade! First of, the exterior styling. The "2G" eclipse is definitely, the best looking generation IMO. I love the body lines, even the uneven hood. The interior is some what bland, but the curves of the dash and panels keep you entertained, although the interior pattern is ugly. Performance on this, for a 2.0l DOHC L4, is awesome! It beats hondas all day and Ive even run agains a Dodge Ram Hemi and won! Its has its flaws, such as questionable build quality on less important components, but over all its a great car with good fuel economy, thats really fun to drive!

Piece of crap
By Cookies Rock on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

I hate this car with all my life! As soon as I got it I loved it because it was my dream car but I soon started regretting throughout the years I've had it I had put in over 3 grand in the car it kept on breaking down on me all the time and finally my transmission went out on me and I kept up with my car too so it's over all a piece of crap.

Eclipse RS
By Holls on 07/26/10 17:56 PM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback

This is the first and only car I have ever owned; we've been through a lot together. (It took a few years for me to finally stop scraping the front end, for example.) I was admittedly pretty hard on it the first year or 2, so the work done is even more remarkable considering that. I've had to get a new fuel pump, radiator hose, timing chain, and brake pads. It's still fun to drive although the pick up has declined, and it seems like some piece of plastic falls off the interior all the time. The paint job hasn't proven hardy, either, and rain occasionally leaks through the hatch opening. It's hard for older people to sit down, but once they do it's pretty comfortable.

Good car, only for gas mileage
By laukc7085 on 02/25/10 18:50 PM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS 2dr Hatchback

this car has been a pain in my rear since i got it. I am going to school to be an automotive tech and i can tell you that this car breaks a lot and is hard to work on. the engine is crammed under the hood so there is no room to work. I've only had the car for about 2 months now and i really hate it. ive had to replace a belt, had a bearing go bad, i have an oil leak from somewhere, an anti freeze leak, my release bearing in the clutch is going bad, had an electrical short, and just other things that irritate me

Piece of JUNK!!
By Kelly on 01/10/10 14:23 PM (PST)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

Worst car I ever had. Will NEVER but Mitsubishi again. Broke down constantly!! I know two other people who got the same car around the same time as me and they had the same complaints. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!! Good thing it is a small car because there were numerous times I had to push it to side of the road!

The best car ever made!
By Me on 09/26/08 21:10 PM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I have had several cars in my days American and imports. And by far this is my favorite. I'm a Tech for VW so i know my cars very well. you can't beat an All Wheel Drive turbo car with a manual trans. it's so much fun, its so reliable and it's one of the nicest looking cars ever made. from the mean look of the front end to the wing (spoiler) in the back. it's so easy to squeeze out 350 hp or even more out of this car and cheap too. All in all i think this car is by far one of the best still out there 2008.

This car eats up gas
By b.garhid on 09/07/08 18:28 PM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

This car is beautiful, but non reliable had it for a month and the starter died, the battery died and did I mention it gets 12 mpg city and a decent 18 mpg highway the car is pretty fast though but I hate it when a neon srt-4 can beat me and get better gas mileage at the same time

Its Worth It!
By unknown on 06/13/08 12:13 PM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

This car gets outstanding mpg ( miles per gallon) for its year and Mitsubishi put in the awd 5spd turbo engine which lets the car punish the pavement. Also, because its a awd car, its a bit easier to drive during winter time because it gets better traction when all the wheels move instead of a 2wd car. This car is reliable, fast, sharp looking, and fuel efficient. This car has all the consumer needs and wants!!!

Eclipse GSX
By Spooln on 03/19/08 15:28 PM (PDT)

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I bought this car from a lady I worked with. I bought it from her with 150,000 miles on it. I knew she was nice to it so I got it. I had a few minor issues with the car. The struts just went, the master cylinder just went and my truck opens sometimes. I don't mind because it is an old car. It is fast with the turbo at 9 PSI. I like the design of the exterior and the nice GSX rims. It has amazing handling and makes everyone look at it because of the nice design. Good car to mod if you plan on it. Has quick acceleration. Girls love it and I would for sure buy another one if they come out with another GSX version.

1 2 3 4 5 next »