2006 Mercury Montego Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Montego model:
Missed opportunity
By richman6 on 01/09/14 08:47 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

When I first purchased this car I was initially impressed. It was very comfortable to drive with the seating and easy to get in and out of the car with lots of trunk space. Unfortunately, then the problems started to surface. The paint began to peel off the leading edge of my aluminum hood, the drivers side window goes down when you press the up button, the rear drums are rusting prematurely, and the module that controls my AWD shorted out my control panel! The dealer quoted me $1900 to replace the module and keep my AWD! My first and probably last experience with the Ford brand. BTW, my car has not even reached 100,000 miles.

I like my 2006 Mercury Montego Premier
By oleander1 on 11/15/11 15:36 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I recently bought a 2006 Mercury Montego. I am a senior lady and was on my own as far as finding a car and doing my own research. I used this website often. I drove 8 cars. The Mercury was the first car I drove and after considering all the others, it is the car I bought. I am no expert, but I do know quality and recognize performance in cars. This car is a lovely car. Good looking, big comfy interior, a heavy weight which drives and feels good. Corners great. You could live in the trunk. On the downside, undersized engine and some peculiar gadget arrangements inside. But overall, a wonderful buy. If you find one with low miles, buy it.

Maintenance free
By GREAT CAR on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my montego for 5 years and have 145,000 miles on it. I have had no trouble with this car. I hoping to keep it this car for 4 more years and give it to my daughter.

I want another one
By Denali89107 on 08/28/10 23:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Despite the fact that the original dealer went belly-up last year, we still love our Montego. It's by far the most comfortable vehicle we've ever had - or will have. It has been totally problem free except for a recall to replace the rear disk brakes at no cost to us. We're really saddened to see the Mercury brand go away and would love to find another vehicle that has the tremendously comfortable seating of the Montego.

Underrated
By KNOFAC on 07/07/10 16:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just got this recently and I love it. I've always liked large "dad cars," and this car is a monster! Its design is subtle, and probably bland to most, but I love how elegant it looks. It's a deceptively powerful car that accelerates and handles like a dream. Could use a little more power, though. It's roomy, which is great for my lankier build. Tons of trunk/passenger space. It's mechanically sound and has a great factory sound system. The fuel economy is right around 20/28 for me, which is very good for a huge V6 vehicle. Overall, this car is a sleeper hit. It's comfortable and efficient, but won't appeal to fans of smaller vehicles that preach about fuel economy.

Wonderful
By Stephanie on 01/15/09 15:36 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I was looking for a bigger car, really an SUV, but when I started looking I realized I couldn't afford it. So I saw the Montego and at first I was unsure but after I drove it and tested it to the max it's wonderful, great on gas, roomy, and of course with the leather it's perfect. It rides smooth and quite comfortable I must say. So if you are looking for a car the Montego is a great way to go.

Favorite car I've owned
By Dan on 01/08/09 09:54 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I switched from GM products to Ford products way back in the 80's when I had to work on different cars. I had a 2001 Sable and wanted a car with warranty for my wife. This car blows me away. The AC controls that allow balance side to side or front to rear, the auto seat setting that sets per which remote control is used, the backup sensors, the big mirrors make backing up a pleasure, the radio that adjust sound level to speed, the fold down back and front passenger seat that allows long packages, the message center that tells all about the car, the steering wheel controls for cruise and radio, plus the 5 star safety rating...plus buying it used, what a deal and I got 100K of warranty!

69000 Miles of Joy
By Merc Fan on 11/04/08 19:51 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Premier 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was looking for a replacement for my reliable 2000 Mercury Sable LS with 225,000 and saw this car on the the net. The car had 6000 miles on it and was like new,from a Lincoln Mercury dealer, in Mertlot with a tan interior. The car other than the rear brakes replaced under the TSB there have no service other than maintenance. This car has been a joy to own and on long drives. This car is the best secret in the auto business with great features, great gas mileage 32-38 mpg expressway and 22-25 city drivung with an average of 27 mpg overall and great comfort. The car is in made in Chicago with great fit and finish.

For the money...can't complain
By JTBURNS on 04/20/08 05:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great interior. Very roomy for a car this size, needs a more powerful engine, great paint quality. I got sideswiped, dented the quarter panel pretty substantiallly but never broke the paint, needs a longer warrenty to compete, alternator went at 41,000 -- $500 ouch! 27 MPG (that will work)

Still too soon to know for sure
By vinnie on 05/12/07 12:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Montego Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I changed the tires immediately, they were a bad ride. The motor is a bit loud in 1st first gear. I said the car hesitates when going into 2nd gear, but the dealer shot me down. The rear brakes drag when left overnight, there is a TSB so the dealer put new rear brakes and turned the rear rotors. The car is good on longer trips.The exterior mirrors are good in day driving, but I seem to have my vision on the left blocked and a glare. My wife likes the high drive visibility. Needs some more power when leaving from a light. I had a Mercury before this one and it lasted me 18 years, why fool with success.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.