2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class 3.2L V6 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Little SL

2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Review

Little SL
By dymensions on

2004 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Having owned nothing but Mercedes sedans and the ML since 1976, it was time to try something a bit more sportier. Frankly, having driven the 2003 SL, I found it to be sluggish and quite heavy feeling. It looked great, but didn't perform as I expected. Wanting to stay within the same category of vehicle (convertible sport coupe), I tried the SLK. Didn't think I would like it at first, but was quite surprised at performance and handling characteristics. Acceleration, performance and past history of the vehicle compelled me to purchase it.

Favorite Features

Drop top/hard top. Tuned exhaust system sound. Seating comfort (I'm 6'3) and have no problem with headroom. Stereo system sounds great too. Acceleration for a 3.2litre is quite exhilerating in this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

CD player is difficult to access. Wheel improvements required - 19's or 20's look great on the car. Some minor squeaks in the drop top, but this is normal in every drop top I've been in. Remote control for the top to allow for it to be controlled when the vehicle is parked.