2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M-Class model:
Just the Beginning... I Hope
By mfrankln on 03/24/14 12:14 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

We were shopping for a used SUV of far newer age but found this 2000 M-B ML430 really cheap at a small local used car lot. (The owner of the business has been in the same spot since 1987 and the entire community knows and respects him.) The ML430 had been sitting idle for about two years. It has some minor dings, a few rust spots from sitting under an old tree on his lot but was otherwise quite intact. Upon first test drive, we were immediately impressed. The only problem on day one was that it had 87 octane gas so we had to fill 'er up with some good stuff. It needed an oil change and the plugs (all 16 of them!) will be done be day's end today. Cont'd

too many issues with ML320
By omar804 on 01/19/14 20:52 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

worst car i have owned, its always something with it, always issue pops up, 1st it was the door locks keeps poping up and down on their own, than it stalls, i had change the fuel filter, and now its not clicking on the first try, and the parts are expensive and maintenance is expensive as well. from what i heard

bad service
By wenshen on 06/16/13 11:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

This car keeps giving me problem. Every time the dealer charge me several hundreds just to check it. Once the dealer charge me $1000 for just checking the warning lights and not finding anything. The car is powerful and fun to drive in long-distance travels, but the bad service keep me away from buying a new benz car.

500,000 km and going strong
By jjroadtrip on 04/25/13 19:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Just reached 500,000 km and its still a reliable SUV. Body starting to rust, minor wear and tear repairs. Still getting the occasional recall notice.

Great SUV but
By tarrid on 04/18/13 22:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Real fun to drive, lots of power with the 4.3l. Nicely designed vehicle. but could have been made better. I have driven this ML for about 1 year now and if you dont stay on top of things it would fall apart. Just the up keep will put you in the red. Parts cost alot (dont buy from the dealler) unless they are small parts. $100 for a oil change ( oil and filter ) and i do it my self. synthetic oil only. $100 for the 16 spark plugs. super gas only $$$$$$$$ Tires $$$$$$, Power window switch. Check engine light on and off all the time. I knew it would cost abit more to keep (Mercedes Benz ) but i have a family and a life. This is a very time and money consumming vehicle to own.

Nice Car, but Very Costly to Maintain
By flomasta77 on 01/05/11 12:04 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML430 4dr SUV AWD

Although we bought this car used, it has only been fun to drive for the first 4000 miles, then major things started breaking down in this car. Computer Module at 90k, $1000 repair. Then, cracked radiator at 92k, $900 repair. Then, 110k, tension belt and pulley blow out, $550 repair. Also, these repair are being done by mechanic, which is way less than what the dealer would charge. Normal wear and tear items like tires, brakes, and oil changes are very costly. It's a nice car, but it is becoming really difficult maintaining this vehicle. Also, the interior trim was made with cheap plastic, and is breaking. We expected better from a Mercedes-Benz product, and will not buy another.

Not bad at all!
By coolman on 05/10/10 14:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I have owned this car for 10 years now and i am still trusting it. It had some minor problem but so has every car. The only problem is the interior parts are not very durable. Little things like the door panel, handle, seat panel etc. Otherwise, it is a very reliable car. In fact, it is more reliable than my newer BMW 7 series. I will get another Benz because of the reliable engine and trans and the comfort, not sure if it will be an SUV but might consider the E class. the m class is pretty worth it for the price and re sell is not bad at all.

No regrets!
By palm coast on 03/27/10 19:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

After 7 years owning this Benz, I considered buying another car, but have doubts that anything could be as reliable, good looking and fun to drive as this one. If and when the day comes that I do buy another car, I'm sure it will be a Mercedes SUV.

GAS guzzler
By oliver on 08/24/09 12:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

I've had the car half a year and what I have to say that it's a gas guzzler will never buy another Mercedes again, interior and exterior don't have the greatest design, mostly bought because of the name, but I got tricked on this one.

Save Your Money
By Garfield on 06/18/09 07:16 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz M-Class ML320 4dr SUV AWD

Bought the ML 320 because of the name. However I donated the car today because you look pretty stupid sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck to flatbed your SUV away. I had the car regularly serviced whenever the wrenches appear on the dash. App cost each time $400 - $800. Service was great until mileage got to around 80K. They tried to get me to buy a new car and when I balked problems began. I won't outline but I spent more than $6000 in repairs during the last 6 months trying to save the car and avoid a new car payment. Save yourself the hassle and buy a Toyota. I donated my ML 320 to charity so at least something good came out of it.