2002 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class Consumer Review: V12 Bang for the buck!

2002 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class - Consumer Review

V12 Bang for the buck!
By 02 CL6 on

2002 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class CL600 2dr Coupe (5.8L 12cyl 5A)

After years of lust for the big MB V12 I broke down and replaced my C5 Corvette with an ultra-clean fully optioned (Spt,Dist,Park)30k mi example. The car is heavy which adds to a solid feel all-around, but you wouldn't notice it with power that is immediate and omni-present. I looked at other new/used cars in the class, but none of them could match the looks, price, power, and features. Just ask yourself "where else can I get a V12 $120k car for 1/3 the original price (not Ferrari or Bentley). Mercedes went all out on their flagship model with plenty of wood and leather to match the techno gadets that are loaded with car. The jury is still out on reliability/maintainability.

Favorite Features

Distronic (Laser Cruise Control) - I did not think I would car for this option but it turns out to be my favorite - It feels like the car is practically driving itself.

Suggested Improvements

The Command System isn't as bad as most auto journalist make it out to be - if your up on technology its intuitive enough, but the 2002 Navigation system is old-school by 2007 standards and shows it. Do not expect to be impressed with its functionality or capability.