2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Consumer Review: Nice entry level sports sedan

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Review

Nice entry level sports sedan
By celivdc13 on

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Kompressor Rwd 4dr Sport Sedan (1.8L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The car has been great and is fun to drive. I wish it had more power (was driving a 6 spd Maxima) especially when the A/C is on. Handling is wonderful and the car loves corners. I only purchased 2 options (CD changer and sunroof package) and have been very pleased. So far the car has had two unscheduled services (sunshade instalation and cold start/computer issue). Annual oil change at dealer was $150. Other than that no surprises to date. If buying again I'd wait for the 320 or new 350 (new 2007/8 C-class looks amazing).

Favorite Features

The cruise control knob (once you get used to it, it makes sense), rain sensing wipers, rear power sunshade, transmission, exhaust note, drilled front brakes, seats and steering wheel, and rims and tires

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I'd make would be to offer more performance enhancements (dealer installed). While it's a sports sedan, it lacks power, and aftermarket product selection is terrible. In this arena the BMW is king.