Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-benz C-class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG

C55 AMG 5.4L V8 5-speed Automatic - (23 reviews )

Love it Love it Love it
By kalvin97gagt

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this car about 3 months ago used with 37k miles from the 2nd owner. It's what you expect from a german car, tight and solid but yet refined while hugging the road like a sports car. The ride is perfect, not harsh and not too loose like other non AMG models. The engine roars you through the rpm range and makes a great sound. The car is plenty quick, but it would be a monster with the 5.4 Supercharged version found in the E55

Favorite Features

Interior, build quality

Suggested Improvements

E55 powerplant, more aggressive styling

4 door Porsche
By Rudy

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I bought it as a birthday present for my wife knowing I would do some of the driving myself. She loves the looks and ride and I love the hotrod aspect. My partner has a 2003 BMW M3 and I've driven it quit a few times. The C55 is just a quick and best of all it delivers the power much more smoothly. I highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a four door Porsche.

Favorite Features

Paddle shifting, motor sound, seats, steering wheel controls.

Suggested Improvements

None that i can think of.

Pocket Rocket
By rgd

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Although a little pricey, this car is worth every cent. After owning other Mercedes, a BMW, a Corvette and a Ferrari, I can honestly say that this car is the most fun and the most practical to drive. It has excellent road manners whether in the city or out on the highway. Even after opening it up on the road, it still gets around 20 mpg. The engine is a masterpiece in sound, speed and appearance. The suspension is fantastic and the tires work very hard. I can only begin to imagine what the C63 will be like.

Favorite Features

The sound, the power, the handling and the ability to leave almost everything else on the road in the mirror. The sound system is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

The driver's seat could provide a little more support on the sides. The COMAND system was not available; I miss it from my last Benz. The navigation needs to be improved up to the level of the Japanese luxury imports. Parktronic would also be helpful.

A German muscle car
By Elliott91

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I thought it was time for a true sports car till I drove this hot rod. I've had the car 18 months and it has performed flawlessly, except I wore the rear tires off at 4,500 miles, but I guess that's my fault. I really like the exclusivity of the AMG package. Not quite the nimble handling of a BMW, but a more refined package overall. Fit and finish are first rate. Mine's Diamond Black and I get compliments on the color all the time. It's great to dust 350Z's Mustang GT's and other "quick" cars in my little sedan.

Favorite Features

Power, AMG panache, Mercedes soldiness, the color, beautiful interior and wood trim.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a bit more to set it apart from other C class cars.

Diamond Black C55
By mizutiger

2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C55 AMG C55 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle has surpassed my expectations. I had two M3's before this car. I miss the exterior design of the M3, but nothing else. This car's interior is first rate. The stereo is first rate (unlike the M3 it can handle bass). The ride is nicer than the M3 as well. I understand they cancelled the C55. I guess they couldn't fit the 6.3 litre motor in the compartment. Its a shame because I think this is a perfect small sports sedan. One of the best I have driven.

Favorite Features

Motor, stereo, the amber night light, exposed stitching on leather. Oh, and the motor!

Suggested Improvements

Make the C55 look different from the ordinary C class. Make the exterior design more aggressive. Other than the exterior styling, this car smokes the M3 in every way. Oh, and put better looking wheels on. I switched mine.