good deal
By SettledForMyProtegé on
2002 Mazda Protege ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
My ideal car is definitely not a four door, but being a mere college student with hardly any money, my options for buying a new car were fairly limited. For this reason, I took up a wonderful deal on my Mazda. Aside from the fact that I feel like a soccer mom in my car, I have to give credit to my little Protegé. I have only had a couple of problems with it since I've had it, but the problems were minor (including a cd getting stuck in the cd player and my alarm system being too sensitive) and were fixed promptly at the dealership.
Favorite Features
I liked the car from the start because of how it handles compared to other compact sedans. It drives more sporty than it looks. Also, the black interior with silver accents are attractive in the ES model. I also like the way the front of my car looks. =D
Suggested Improvements
Suggestion to Mazda: Make the back lights more attractive/sporty; consider making a coupe model; TIMER ON REAR DEFROST SHOULD BE STANDARD! Also, there has been a burning wax smell that doesn't seem to want to go away (although it is less frequently occurring than before).