2001 Mazda Protege 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - This MP3 is serious about

2001 Mazda Protege - Consumer Review

2001 Mazda Protege MP3 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This MP3 is serious about having fun.
By 01hzmp3 on

2001 Mazda Protege MP3 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had suspension bushing squeaking noise few months after I purchased this MP3 model. Dealership fixed/replaced both front/rear bushings under warranty. Seems like no problem, but I will have to make sure of that come this winter since this noise only occurs under cool temperature. GREAT handling, I love to drive this car even if I have no reason to go anywhere. The stereo system is a BLAST to listen to, it doesn't thump hardcore bass... it thumps just enough to get you all pumped up for hours on end. Turns a lot of heads on the road. Like a Miata, this car is just a pleasure to drive around in.

Favorite Features

Please, I love virtually everything this MP3 came out with. Too many to list within 300 characters. Take my word.... everything STOCK on this model is wonderful... stuff that you would probably buy aftermarket if you didn't have on as OEM.

Suggested Improvements

Just more power would be nice. Only reason I say that is because the suspension can handle a lot more power than what it has available right now. Otherwise, the car has "sufficient" power for the average driver. How fast can you actually go in traffic anyways?