Mazda MPV
By R. Curry on
1998 Mazda MPV ES 4dr Minivan 4WD
This vehicle was purchased because of its potential in comparison to the current suv's. After owning and driving it for 2 years and finding the depreciation very deflating, I also find the vehicle to be very disappointing. While the room that it boasts of is indeed at first a seller, when you actually utilize it you see that it is more of a mirage. The rear seat does come out easily for extra room but when it comes to folding it down for the space it is bulky. Would I purchase this vehicle again? Not likely. I would probably spend the extra money on the real deal instead of putting good money down the drain.
Favorite Features
The open feeling of the cabin makes you feel more at ease with the road and your surroundings. Most of the amenities are close at hand for the driver which makes for a safer trip.
Suggested Improvements
The defrosting system is not really functional. The heat has to stay on when it is humid and cool or the whole car fogs up and you can't see. I've tried everything known and the only thing that works is to crank the heat and make everyone in the cabin uncomfortable.