1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:
1999 troy lee designs ( need help )
By Tyler on 01/03/10 08:34 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 SE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I am a 16 year old, and this 2009 Christmas I got this truck. It is so nice, the interior is amazing! So i get it and my steering wheel buttons are missing, I don't mind at all. I can live with that. Anybody know where I can get those? Lets get to the point. I'm 16 I take the truck out a day later and wreck it! I shattered the factory mazda rim it came with! Where can I find this rim?! I need new bumpers and quarter panels! If anybody can help me with this I really would appreciate it! This truck is amazing and super nice! I would recommend it to the pope!

MAZDA '99 TROY LEE DESIGN
By HASAN on 08/29/09 03:03 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B3000 SE 4dr Extended Cab SB

I purched the truck brand new, drove for almost 5 years(92k). I was lucky I purchased extended warranty. During the ex-warranty period the transmission gone 4 times, dash board lights gone 3 times, fog light gone 2 times. I never abuse this truck. When the 4th time tanny broke(not clutch), the dealer have a investigation team to check anything I did wrong. They found manufacture problem. Later I trade in for Honda Sub. Now I'm satisfy with my car.

Excellent Truck
By DF on 03/27/09 11:14 AM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 SE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Purchased this truck in 05 it had 80000 miles when I purchased it. It has proven to be the very dependable and has only required a few repairs. I had to replace 4x4 hub on the front but as I regularly am off road this is just a minor repair. This truck is a little under powered for heavy loads that approach its weight limit but it pulls my 19 foot bass boat and camping trailer just fine. This truck is perfect for drivers who do not need a full size truck and need a daily driver.

Excellent Truck!
By BB on 01/29/09 11:22 AM (PST)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B3000 TL 4dr Extended Cab SB

An awesome truck, I can't say enough! Fun to drive, reliable and a good looking. I bought the truck new 10 years ago and at 160,000 miles it's still going strong. When I go to sell it, someone will be getting a great deal. Besides normal maintenance, oil changes and brakes I cannot complain. Rear wheel drive can present some problems during inclement conditions. For the money the Mazda truck is a great value and I would buy another in a heartbeat, although I wish they would update their body style (not much has changed within the past 10 years).

Could be better
By tjv189 on 05/30/08 16:28 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B3000 SE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck used in 2005 and it had 79K on it. It ran fine for about 2 months, when suddenly a brake line busted when I was in a parking lot. Had to get a complete brake job done because everything was so rusted. Soon after, I had a problem with the Check Engine light coming on, because it blew an oxygen sensor. Fuel gauge hasn't worked right since I bought it. Runs poorly on the highway, only getting about 20 mpg with 3.0 L V6. Manual 4 spd w/overdrive is a bad choice, bc if there is a slight hill on highway and you are in OD, you will not be able to maintain speed uphill. Runs at WAY too high of RPM on highway. Engine is too loud. Not very reliable. Body starting to rust.

Good compact pickup
By mike on 11/01/07 19:08 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2500 SE 4dr Extended Cab SB

Performed well, some body rust started in metal fold above left rear wheel well in year 7, a bit underpowered but dependable.

Mazda B4000 TL
By Big Jon on 01/07/07 18:34 PM (PST)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 TL 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Overall a very good vehicle. No major problems since purchased new. 4x4 works great. Looks better than a Ford Ranger.

It's all good!
By steve t on 12/23/06 20:55 PM (PST)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B3000 SE 4dr Extended Cab SB

I purchased the truck from the original owner with 90K on it. I have now have 172K and have put brakes on and a new alternator. I average 18-19 mpg around town and 20-22 on hwy running 75-80 MPH. Most my driving is local. I keep the oil change every 4-5000 miles. A great truck!

Mazda B-4000 Truck
By TV on 04/08/06 19:45 PM (PDT)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 SE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Purchased new in 1999 and still going strong at 194K miles. Rebuilt the transmission at 160K because it simply wore out. New shocks at 170K and changed the oil every 5K. I am very satisfied and will buy another one, but I am hoping for a new model style soon. It is still as tight as new. I originally wanted the Ford Ranger, but it was more expensive and its warranty couldn't match the Mazda. Same truck too! Ford built the thing, but couldn't match the price. Duh!

Very adequate truck
By Steve on 02/01/06 15:08 PM (PST)

1999 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B4000 TL 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Since buying haven't had any real problems. Replaced a speedometer sensor at 115,000 miles. Has about 120,000 now; runs great. Gets about 17/21 mpg. Little rust at bottom of passenger door and tailgate. Other than that it looks great for its age.