Used 1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:

B2200 beast
By Tim

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my 92 b2200 new. 2 clutches and new head gasket at 220k miles and that is it other than belt changes and preventative maintenance . I'm currently having it rebuilt at 356k miles. Got my money's worth. Putting a Weber carb and $1200 total rebuild price. What a great investment.

Best vehicle I've ever owned
By mdinaz

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2600i 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in 1991. It now has 233K miles, and until this year, was all original. Other than standard wear (tires, brakes, etc), nothing had been repaired or replaced. It drives great, has been super reliable, and even with 2WD, has been great in off-road type conditions. The manual transmission has been awesome. She's slowing down a bit but still, by far, the best vehicle I've ever owned in the past 30 years. I seriously doubt the Ford Mazdas will even come close.

This is the only vehicle I've ever seen, ANYWHERE, that allows you to have outside air coming in the side vents while running the AC or heat out of the central vents. Best feature that I can't find anywhere else in any make vehicle.

I can't think of a single thing, other than I wish they still made them (in Japan that is, not the Ford Mazda) and maybe it had a tad more horsepower out of the gate. But for 20 years and 233K miles, very satisfied owner.

Extremely reliable, got 230k miles
By Declan17

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this car from the original owner a few yrs ago, needed a cheap truck in a pinch. It never broke down or left me stranded until the engine blew w/ almost 230k miles on the original engine and tranny. It was incredibly reliable although bare bones. Great for a first car or a work truck if you can get one w/ low miles.

None really, bench seats, no ac but I would have driven it anywhere without worrying about it breaking it down.

Only the best
By ottinar

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought the truck brand new and never had a problem. Engine finally blew at 162,000 miles. One of the best I ever had!!

1991 Mazda Pickup
By james d

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

Reliable vehicle, excellent gas mileage, uses no oil, have maintained oil changes and tune up regularly. Tires are kept in good condition. Quiet motor. AC and heating work well. Radio and cassette work well.

Excellent gas mileage. Reliability, comfort in summer and winter.

Truck bed could be repainted. Replace interior light.

• SUV