1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Pickup model:
Best vehicle I've ever owned
By mdinaz on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2600i 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in 1991. It now has 233K miles, and until this year, was all original. Other than standard wear (tires, brakes, etc), nothing had been repaired or replaced. It drives great, has been super reliable, and even with 2WD, has been great in off-road type conditions. The manual transmission has been awesome. She's slowing down a bit but still, by far, the best vehicle I've ever owned in the past 30 years. I seriously doubt the Ford Mazdas will even come close.

Extremely reliable, got 230k miles
By Declan17 on 10/11/08 01:42 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this car from the original owner a few yrs ago, needed a cheap truck in a pinch. It never broke down or left me stranded until the engine blew w/ almost 230k miles on the original engine and tranny. It was incredibly reliable although bare bones. Great for a first car or a work truck if you can get one w/ low miles.

Only the best
By ottinar on 02/11/08 09:25 AM (PST)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

Bought the truck brand new and never had a problem. Engine finally blew at 162,000 miles. One of the best I ever had!!

1991 Mazda Pickup
By james d on 06/13/05 15:35 PM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

Reliable vehicle, excellent gas mileage, uses no oil, have maintained oil changes and tune up regularly. Tires are kept in good condition. Quiet motor. AC and heating work well. Radio and cassette work well.

Excellent Stock 4x4
By Luke on 04/12/05 19:46 PM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2600i 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this truck for a little over a year and so far I am completely satisfied. I did a lot of research on compact 4x4's before buying and after weighing all the pros and cons of each contender, the B2600i came out on top. Easy to work on, good power for a four banger, good price, great styling, tons of space, nice and convenient cockpit, and excellent reliability/dependability. If you are looking to do heavy modifications, look somewhere else, there's not much of an aftermarket for these guys. But if you are looking for a top notch stock 4x4 this is for you.

It wouldn't die!
By mks on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2600i 2dr Extended Cab SB

People I know used to call this truck "The Tank." It started up every time without fail. It could maintain higher than highway speeds for extended periods of time, even after 100K miles on it. I am certain that I could have driven it another 200K without any major problems. It was extremely fun to drive, and highly reliable. Despite being a truck, it handled very well. Most amazing was its demise. I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing, and ended up rolling the thing down a ravine and then into a tree. Despite all the damage, the thing could still start up in the salvage yard a few days later! Even in death, it lived up to it's nickname!

140,000 and still going strong!
By Rob Gillespie on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck used and have been enjoying it for over 10 years now. You have to admire a truck that's still in good shape after 140,000 miles. The interior is comfortable, almost luxurious for a truck, and nothing has come loose. The engine has just had the usual routine maintenance items. It's aging gracefully like a fine wine. I had to have the A/C retrofitted to use non-CFC refrigerant. Body rust is minimal even though I've lived near saltwater most of the time. My hat is off to Mazda for a superbly reliable truck. (Don't be fooled - The new "Mazda" trucks are actually Fords.)

Best Import Truck Built!!!!!
By Morris Towle on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2600i 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck used in 1993, and have never regretted it. It has NEVER failed me. It has outstanding traction, I have even pulled a Toyota with bigger tires out of a mud hole I had just gone through. The only repairs I have done are Brakes, Battery, Tires, Shocks, Ball joints, the usual wear items, nothing serious. The truck is rated 18 city, 20 highways, but I average 22-24 mpg. I would love to buy a new one but unfortunately now they are rebadged Ford Rangers JUST NOT THE SAME!!!!!!

Best small truck ever made
By Fred Hoefer on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2600i 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck new in Dec. 1990 and after 12 1/2 years and 188,000 miles, it still runs GTREAT! Not even a rattle or vibration. The 4X4 pulls better than my full size Bronco, although the Bronco has a tighter turning radius. The A/C is cold, excellent suspension, finally put a clutch in (this requires shopping around). Overall, I have never owned a vehicle this long and it is doubtfull that my next vehicle will last like this one. When she finally goes, she will be missed. If you have a chance to buy one of these, forget Toyota or Nissan. Mazda really made a winner here! Zoom Zoom Zoom.

Mazda
By dumpdevil6669 on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Mazda B-Series Pickup Extended Cab B2200 2dr Extended Cab SB

I am a sixteen year old driver, who bought this car for 4000 dollars. It came with a canopy, which is why it cost a little more, it started with 121000 miles on it and now i am pushing 200000 and it is still running the same as when i bought it, there is only one minor thing that i can complain about and that is the clutch is now starting to give, and it is an expensive replacement, but seeing as how i learned how to drive a stick in this truck, i brought it upon myself, it is the most reliable car in the family and it gets me where i need to go. I highly reccomend it.