Used 2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan

View reviews for a specific Town Car model:

I love my 14th town car, still the best!
By LTC06

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Designer Series 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2006 Lincoln Town Designer Series is my 14th Town Car since 1986! And I can say that this 2006 edition is still the best luxury car on the US market. No other luxury car can boast the quality of ride, ease of handling, quickness and smoothness of response to various driving and road conditions, build quality, luxury appointments and reliability that the Town Car continues to offer. My fuel economy experience is in the 20 city/28 highway range. I have never had a mechanical problem with any of my 14 Town Cars. I have tried the Japanese, German, English and American luxury vehicles and none can compare to the Lincoln Town Car!

Power open/close trunk, heated seats, auto dim mirrors, navigation system, THX sound system with Sirius radio, power lumbar support, HID headlights, traction control system, cupholders, in- car storage areas, cargo storage unit in trunk, custom made floor mats, the exclusive Town Car ride and handling

Now five-years old, it is time for a refreshing to the Town Car's exterior and interior. I hope Lincoln will refresh the Town Car while keeping its stately and dynamic appearance that has always made it stand out from the competition. Keep the rear-wheel drive and air suspension.

This is a great car
By Ken

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Designer Series 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love the car, it has style, room and get up and go when you need it. About 27 mpg on the hwy way. I always smile when I see it. To me it says, "you have made it"

Easy access, smooth on the road. Love the memory seats and pedals for the times my wife drives. Same for the elect trunk full open and close when my hands are full. Having both CD and cassette players.

Interior trim around seat mounts comes loose, small electrical problems, heated seat lights, instrument and dash lighting has intermittent problem.

The epitome of perfection
By Wise Owl

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I think the Town car is the only true luxury sedan on the market. I can find nothing wrong with the design of this car! It truly is a masterpiece. I hope it lasts forever. Ford should not touch this car, in fear of ruining it! I love it, I get 31+ MPG on the highway, how can you beat that? I do find that if you drive this car prudently the mileage is ridiculously high for a car this size. However, if you drive it like a sports car, say goodbye to economy, and rightfully so! If you want to own and drive true American craftsmanship, made with pride, buy this car! You will not find a better car for the money.

Size, comfort, features, style, safety, class, elegance, should I go on?

Telescoping steering wheel.

Magic Carpet Ride
By RamRod

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Put your money towards the truly meaningful aspects of an automobile such as "ride" - "reliability" - "comfort" - "safety". Nothing on the market today surpasses my Lincoln Town Car in these categories. Performance, power, and gas mileage are suprisingly excellent also. Your grandfather and great-grandfather would buy this car. Flashy colors, designs & styling looses it's appeal. The qualities I mentioned above last forever. They are the true componants of "buyer's satisfaction". If your vehicle has these qualities, you won't have to worry about "buyer's remorse". EA:Southern Gentleman - Birmingham, Alabama

Interior design and comfort is exceptional. Selective chassis / suspension setup for slippery - winding roads. V8 power is priceless. Updated & Modern dash display (both analog & digital) w/ steering wheel controls. Keyless entry (who needs ONSTAR to unlock doors with this!)

Needed improvements are few. Better performing transmission and / or rear end for quicker shifting and more effective use engaging V8 power. Tinted window should have more "tint" (currently almost undistinguishable from "no tint" windows. External styling chg to clearly seperate Town Car from cousin

Happy with my Town Car
By PAUL TERRAULT

2006 Lincoln Town Car Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I like the way it looks, it drives and feels. I love to take it on long drives accross the country.