Used 2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lexus Lx-470 - Consumer Reviews

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV

Base 4.7L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (26 reviews )

Best SUV Around
By Mark

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Test drove just about every large suv's on the market and the Lexus was heads and shoulders above the rest. We were looking for a quality used vehicle that would be reliable. After owning the LX 470 for over a year and a half we are still singing its praises.

Favorite Features

Everything, it looks great and have not had any problems what so ever.

Suggested Improvements

All shortcomings have been addressed on newer models.

Great Truck!!
By Rick Walters

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

It is a joy to drive everyday even after 3+ years.

Favorite Features

Suspension lowers and raises. Heated seats and outside mirrors. Wood interior. Cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower would be better, but not a necessity. This truck rides like a Limo not a race car.

No Competitors
By Lexus

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this LX470 for $30 grand, at the time the mileage was 77k. i thought this was kind of high but when it comes to a Lexus, mileage doesn't matter cause the car can run forever. anyways, the LX470 i bought came with chrome wheels, chrome bumper guard and the tail lights guard, with a gold package. It is awesome, the paint is unbeatable and it is even better than my 98 ES 300. I used to think of SUVs are bumpy but when it comes to the LX470, it is quiet, smooth, it feels as if you are floating on a boat when travel at high speed on highways as well as bumpy roads. i love this suv!

Favorite Features

Everything, especially the wood trim, none other wood trim looks as nice in my opinion

Suggested Improvements

Leg room for third row seating. Faster acceleration

Best vehicle ever owned
By regreigg

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Bought this vehicle one year ago with 72000 miles on it. Now has 81000 miles. Wonderful trip ride. Great capacity to carry stuff. All around great vehicles. Drove through 12 inches of snow with it last winter. Goes anywhere. Dealers have great service. Only issue with it is CD changer died. $600 to replace. Oh well, even Lexus isn't perfect!

Favorite Features

Seats. Room. Carrying capacity. Versatility.

Suggested Improvements

More power. More gears; not an issue with newer ones. Tends to freewheel in overdrive and must use brakes when in other vehicles could just let off the gas: "No compression braking". Roll down rear window glass like in 4Runner would be nice.

85,000 miles
By catdog86

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

A very comfortable vehicle - I bought this new for my wife and it has been a good vehicle for us on trips and daily driving and I love the off-road ability. I have been dissapointed with the reliability of the vehicle and the dealer experience has been poor! I doubt we will buy another one. Originally, I wanted a Mercedes but they didn't (still don't) have anyting large enough for our needs. Overall, Lexus tends to be a little guady with styling and getting worse.

Favorite Features

Height adjustable supsension - great for off-road.

Suggested Improvements

More power, longer wheelbase/body, bucket seats for middle row, option for black interior, and dealers that know more about fixing cars that I do.