Used 2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV - Consumer Reviews

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV

Base 4.7L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic - (28 reviews )

Great all-around vehicle for Colorado!
By Kevin

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Driving across the country at least once a year with our two yellow labs, we have found the LX 470 to be a very comfortable, safe, and all-around great vehicle! Driving up Hwy 1 in CA was a blast, and I never have a problem getting around in some of the incredible snows we have here in Colorado - I've pulled out numerous vehicles out of being stuck in ditches, etc., and even pulled an Nissan Xterra up a hill by my house from a standstill 1/3rd of the way up where a lot of people just park their cars at the bottom and hike their way up - ALL included in this display were VERY impressed - I've even noticed a few of my neighbors (3 now) have gotten one since!

Torque, handling (ability to alter ride suspension for diff. conditions), VERY quiet (Even at hwy. speeds), and lifting / lowering of height is by far my mother-in-law's ;^)

Window controls for ALL windows on the passenger (and driver's) side - I don't like having to raise / lower other windows while I should be attentive to my driving - especially while the passenger would be able to do it. (Again, traveling frequently with two labradors), this would help A LOT!!!

Amazing SUV
By Rob

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this car new in 2000 and she now has 120,000 miles on her. I often comment to my friends how well the car still drives. I really mean it. After all those miles, the ride is still extraordinarily smooth. The car has held up quite well and all I have had to replace is the front brake rotors. If you are looking for comfort in a big SUV, this is the one to buy! You can get them for good prices used and since they hold up so well, don't be afraid of buying them used with maybe 50+k miles. Also, the thing is an absolute TANK when it comes to snow. I have literally taken mine through 2 feet of snow without hesitation. It's the best car in the snow that I have ever owned.

Adjustable height control suspension, wood on the wheel/shifter, power outlet in center console that is different from cigarette lighter (for cell phone charger), auto-dimming mirrors, armrests up front adjust effortlessly, adjustable suspension stiffness (sport/comfort)

Perhaps a little more power, but overall, Lexus did a great job.

Best SUV Around
By Mark

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Test drove just about every large suv's on the market and the Lexus was heads and shoulders above the rest. We were looking for a quality used vehicle that would be reliable. After owning the LX 470 for over a year and a half we are still singing its praises.

Everything, it looks great and have not had any problems what so ever.

All shortcomings have been addressed on newer models.

Great Truck!!
By Rick Walters

2000 Lexus LX 470 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

It is a joy to drive everyday even
after 3+ years.

Suspension lowers and raises. Heated seats and outside mirrors. Wood interior. Cargo space.

More horsepower would be better, but not a necessity. This truck rides like a Limo not a race car.

No Competitors
By Lexus

I bought this LX470 for $30 grand, at
the time the mileage was 77k. i
thought this was kind of high but when
it comes to a Lexus, mileage doesn't
matter cause the car can run forever.
anyways, the LX470 i bought came with
chrome wheels, chrome bumper guard and
the tail lights guard, with a gold
package. It is awesome, the paint is
unbeatable and it is even better than
my 98 ES 300. I used to think of SUVs
are bumpy but when it comes to the
LX470, it is quiet, smooth, it feels
as if you are floating on a boat when
travel at high speed on highways as
well as bumpy roads. i love this suv!

Everything, especially the wood trim, none other wood trim looks as nice in my opinion

Leg room for third row seating. Faster acceleration