Used 2004 Lexus LS 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus Ls-430 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Lexus LS 430

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (169 reviews )

LS430
By Niceputt

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Best, imo, of any car under $100k. Superb in quality, handling (at 100mph rides/handles like 55 on new pavement), and reliability, except for two items that a dealer in North California refuses to deal with.

Favorite Features

Too many to mention all. Bluetooth, smart key, radar, auto wipers, back up camera, manual shift option and many others

Suggested Improvements

DVD Nav makes major errors, takes me to destinations up to one mile from actual location, misses fastest routes by up to 30 miles. Voice recognition poor, especially at freeway speeds. Dealer tells me I must wait for a fix (waiting six months so far).

A look at the Lexus 430
By Quirky

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Other than the low mileage even though I am a regular complainer, I was not able to find any bad to say about the Lexus 430 or Meade Lexus my dealer where I always find a cheerful, respectful, and knowledgeable person to deal with.

Favorite Features

Quiet, smooth ride, a feeling of power under the hood. I had been driving Mercedes top of the line sedans for 20 years and they never were able to build anything remotely comparing to my Lexus.

Suggested Improvements

Many of the dashboard buttons are hard to find and when accidently pushed it is hard to correct the problem created.

2004 ls430
By gadge

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

this is my ninth lexus there isnt a better car out there I currently have a 2004 is 300 2004 ls430 and 2004 gx470 I owned a mercedes in 2003 my first one and never again they dont even come close to lexus quality and lexus service

Intermittent Audio Problem
By rm100

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

LS430 2004 has an intermittent Audio problem where even when you turn on the audio using voice command, there will be no sound. As per Lexus dealership this problem is with all LS430. I find that hard to believe but that is the story they gave me. I purchased it brand new from them last month. Lexus dealerships make a big deal about their service quality, but I have been very disappointed with my experience.

Favorite Features

Smoothness of the drive

As close to perfection as it gets
By DMH

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Having owned Mercedes and BMW, I know the competition. And the LS 430 Ultra Luxury I have the privilege to own beats anything under $130K. Uncanny combination of smooth ride and controlled handling. Quality of materials and workmanship second to none. Excellent outward visibility (the main downfall of the Audi A8). Tight turning radius (better than any of its competitors). Outstanding gas mileage for its considerable size and weight (27 mpg on the highway). Large trunk even with rear air conditioner. Doors open wide for passengers. Adaptive self-leveling HID headlights are amazing. LED taillights fast and bright. Stereo is like being there.

Favorite Features

Superb build quality. Clear instrumentation. Mechanical smoothness than makes a 500 mile trip seem like 100. Technical complexity delivered with highest reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Exterior styling has been substantially improved for 2004, but still has room for improvement.