2004 Lexus LS 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (169 reviews )
The Best Car I have ever owned
By Glennpearson on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Oustanding car would by another when I am ready to trade. By far the best I have ever owned, Lexus owns me as a customer now as I have forever left Mercedes.

Tom's Review
By Thomas A. Miller on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

My first consideration is performance and maintenance reliability, it is very strong in this area. Riding comfort is excellent, it is quiet and comfortable. The car is beautiful and subtle. The features on the car are practical and convenient. And one other thing the car "gets out and moves". I am 67 years old and it is without a doubt the finest car I have owned.

The Best
By Kathryn Smith on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent in all aspects. Runs well, easy to handle, ride is super, just overall A+.

Good but not Great
By PMMilam on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Very close to perfect for the $$ but small items get aggrevating the more you drive the car. Should charge $300 for each NAV update and updates are too far between.

Best Sedan on the Road
By hockie on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my fourth LS 430 (previously LS 400) I have owned BMW, Mercedes, and Infiniti and have driven the Jaguar equivalent sedans and the 430 clearly overall outperforms and out rides them all.

Satisfaction
By Jack Jen on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is our third Lexus. I am completely satisfied in every feature of the Lexus LS 430. The styling, quality of workmanship, detail and overall performance is unmatched in any vehicle I have ever driven. The lack of road noise is another great feature. The gas mileage, for such a big vehicle, is outstanding. The great ride is the finest in the industry. We also have a SC 430 which we consider the best in its' class. If, and when, we sell the SC 430, we intend to purchase the RX 430 beacuse of our satisfaction with our other models of Lexus. We would NEVER change from our Lexus habit.

LS430 w/Sport Suspension
By incognito on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Very few people are aware how well this sporty model compares to BMWs & M-Benz. Handling & roadholding are superb. 18" tires stay glued to the road, regardless of undulations & nothing fazes it, inspiring enormous confidence. Unlike the std. model's extra-plush ride, you know exactly what the road surface is like under you. Feedback is firm, but not harsh, making the driving experience very Lexus-like. However, you must enjoy sporty handling; if pure luxury is your thing, you probably shouldn't order this suspension. But if you want a great car that is also great fun to drive, this one is for you. Given 500hp, this would be the Best of the Best!

New Owner
By Lexus Novice on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Because of a decline in Mercedes quality I traded my trouble proned E class for a new Lexus LS 430. It's a fantastic car! Only car I've purchased in 35 years that had zero defects. Two months later , still zero. Love it.

430 near perfection!~!!!
By PVCDDS on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This auto is one of the best!! Lexus has done a fantastic job in conyinuing their pursuit of perfection! Having owned and driven this car for 9 months I have a keen idea of just how good this car is. Don't do the BMW or Benz until you have driven this car or you will be sorry

Lexus consistency
By gotopless on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

3rd Lexus purchase. The are the most reliable cars I have ever owned! (40 and counting)Service is OUTSTANDING, although it hasn't been back since the 1,000 checkup! The ultra has more for the passenger than the person that pays for it, is the only complaint. ( My kids LOVE IT!)