163K & still running
By Rich T. on
1991 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan
Garage kept 91 LS400. Paint is flawless with the interior being just as nice. 16 year old vehicles usually find the scrapyard by now but not this one! I have had the A/C compressor go out, and a couple leaks (power steering pump & manifold gasket) of which I've not invested the funds to fix. Dealership quoted me $1900 for the A/C compressor. "I'll do without". Friends have mentioned how comfortable a ride it is, and I'm not one to argue. Gas gauge is funny as the vehicle seems to run as if it were out of gas although the gauge is still showing 1/4 tank?? All in all, this vehicle "hooked me" into becoming a future Lexus owner. It will definitely be hard to drive anything else now.
Favorite Features
Dash gauges, "light saber" needles, quiet ride. Nice powerful powerplant of a motor. Feels like I have a car around me.
Suggested Improvements
Fog lights keep burning out. At $27 each, you would think they'd last a while. I've gone through three sets in 6 months and they are only used "maybe" 1 hour per week total? Seems as if the A/C compressor and steering pump are common issues for the first parts to fail. Not cheap to fix.