Used 2006 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Reviews - 141 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

bullet proof Lexus
By Jim

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

That's the term Carl at my local auto body shop said about his experience with this Lexus model. I had to take mine in when I was rear ended a few years ago and the plastic cowling had to be replaced. Carl said the original 2006 IS 250 has quality materials far superior to what he has seen on recent Lexus vehicles brought in for repair, especially in the cabin interior. I Just finished polishing and detailing my Lexus and it looks damn good after 10 years of Colorado weather exposure. The AWD feature has been an excellent and reliable feature when it snows and icy road conditions have to be navigated. I only have 82k miles on the vehicle and when our first grandkid gets a license I will feel very comfortable transferring this vehicle to another family member because of its safety and reliability features. Another thing I like about the Lexus is the outstanding customer support the local Denver Kuni Lexus dealer provides. They don't care if you own an IS250 or the highest price Lexus flagship car......the responsive customer and technical service is always top notch. They stand by their product.

i love the is 250
By CARLOS CARDENAS

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great car. Very smooth. Has i bit of issues with the sensitivity at higher speeds, but its not that big of an issue.. i didnt know i had to put 91 octane in the tank.. but for a 16 gal tank, got approx 411miles to the tank, i drove from vegas to santa barbara on 1 tank, great power! No issues going up or down hill, the tep stayed flawless. Very easy car to drive.

To IS250 or not IS250? That is the question!
By CarGuy2015

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

First and foremost yes to IS250! That is the answer! I've been a long time BMW fan and enjoyed driving the crap out of them. I've owned at least ten of them in my lifetime. But one too many expensive repair trips left me wanting something sporty yet reliable. My first experience was with the Lexus GS300, loaded to the gills with Navigation, Mark Levinson sound, DVD, park distance control, etc. I recently sold my daughter's Honda Accord with 192,000 miles. A great car for the money and reliable as well but with none of the Lexus care. I told my daughter not to worry that her mode of transportation would not be gone for too long.

Enter the Lexus IS250. Taught lines and and a sporty appearance with 18" sport rims are a winner! Included are navigation and back up camera, heated and cooled seats, etc. I bought it for my daughter, used and slightly abused because the previous owner had a dog and lived in San Francisco. Yet all of the Lexus dealer service records indicated that at least the drive train was in perfect running order. Basically, purchased it for the KBB dealer trade-in price which was about $3000 more than I sold the Honda Accord for and daughter definitely approved of the appearance overall and tremendously discounted price due to scratched bumper.
Lexus has always had a reputation for reliability and they have really taken care of this car. Lexus has made several recalls on this car and a major engine recall where the piston rings were faulty. So, 127,000 miles on the odometer, I basically have a just like new Lexus certified rebuilt engine! BOO-YAH! WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!

My wife drives it and loves it so much, she has to battle my daughter for the use of the car. They're both petite, so, it fits them both perfectly and I don't worry because of the safety features and good gas mileage. My only gripe is that it is tight in the back seat and owning a GS300 for myself leaves me to believe that in comparison of quality the GS300 is much higher. Get what you pay for.

2006 Lexus IS250 - I'd Buy It All Over Again
By Robert

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The IS250 has been a great car, probably the best we have ever owned. It drives great. There has not been much maintenance. It still looks great and current. The dealership is top notch when it comes to service.

Not a Scion but Great Vehicle
By Leah Leah Leah

2006 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this 2006 Lexus is250 this year and I get many compliments on it and how nice is looks. I previously had a Scion tC which was the best car over ever owned to this day but I love Lexus and think it great too. A little bit of trouble changing gears but a tune up should do justice other than that no major issues. Good car!