2003 Lexus GX 470 Consumer Review: Get Rid of that Barn Door!!!

2003 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Get Rid of that Barn Door!!!
By Looking for waves on

2003 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife loves the barn door, its her car, but come on Japan, you didn't research the barn door enough. It is completly unpractical for America/Americans - you should only offer it in other countries. I can give you 20 plus examples why it is a poor design. The salesman said it was for saftey, I just laughed and said it was the biggest line of BS a guy has ever said to my face. If you can get over the BARNDOOR, this car offer sooo much more than all the competitors, the MB looks like a minivan/mailvan, the BMW doesn't even compare (it does in my opinion have the best rear door, Bring back the tailgate!!!!!!!) and the Volvo is an underpowered joke.

Favorite Features

Altimeter - cool touch guys, barimoter - cool too - Love the big sunroof, great ride, love the huge windows!!! The fact that you can change the Suspension is awesome and comes in handy.

Suggested Improvements

GET RID OF THE BARN DOOR!! Offer it as an option, THE IDEAL TAILGATE IS LIKE THE OLD BRONCOS. GLASS RETREATS INTO THE GATE AND THE GATE FOLDS DOWN. THUS YOU CAN HAUL LARGE OBJECTS AND THEN HAVE A TAILGATE PINCNIC IN THE REAR OF THE CAR. Come on, I didn't buy a TAXI.