1999 Lexus GS 400 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 5-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )
Best deal on wheels
By 34 yr male on 11/08/05 22:09 PM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought car with 90k miles on it...most everyone thought it had 25k. That is how good this car looks. 17" silver wheels with spoiler...all black with Nav. Car has an elegant look of muscle to it. Lowered my front about 1"...huge improvement aesthetically. Engine/tranny is incredible...very fast, very strong, very fun. Yet, very quiet and refined. I've already put 20k miles on mine...about 110k now, and everything still works as if it were new. Only the floormats show the car's age!!

Rarified Air
By Kimmy on 09/20/05 16:25 PM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is my first experience with a high performance luxury car and boy what an experience. First of all the look of the car is striking. It makes me very proud to drive it. It turns heads - literally - and it's an uncommon car. My husband actually got a thumbs up from a carload full of twenty something males. That "L" has quite the mystique. But it's not "hey look at me . . ." It's subtle. The power and performance of it gives me chills sometimes. I've only had the car a few months so I cannot vouch for its mechanical soundness except I've had no problems. It has few drawbacks except the gas mileage is lousy and it takes 93 octane gas. It also has a severe blind spot problem.

I'm keeping mine
By jprietto on 04/23/05 20:26 PM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is my second Lexus. I previously leased an LS. The GS 400 is faster and more nimble but the cabin is noisier at highway speed. I like new cars and have considered moving to a new Lexus or even another car but this one is just so good. So I'm replacing a chipped windshield, getting new floor mats having minor paint chips in the rear bumper fixed and going to pretend it's new because it is that good. I'll be driving this beauty for another 2 to 4 years.

Bye Bye Mr. 330I
By LuckyG on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

You will grow to love your commute. Well, maybe not love it, but hate it less. Freeway onramps become a joy. Need power to pass? No problem. This car is elegant, reliable, and POWERFUL.

Great Car
By gswearin on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I currently own a GS 400 and have not had any problems. Best car I have ever owned.

what else do u want?
By liazon on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

reliability, fun, and nice to look at. it's been a great car. solid brakes (u need them).

A sedan like no other!
By lexusnewbee on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Lexus GS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Whoa, what a machine. The workmanship is near perfect. I bought mine used with 89k on the odometer...runs like it's new. Only nuisance with the GS4 is loosing your change during WOT acceleration. But who cares!!! E-shift is fun like working a game controller. I cruise to work at 80~95mph...the car rides and handles very well. The chassis is slightly loose at high speeds over highway bumps and cornering. TRD has components to tighten things up. This car has a very solid engine that will handle a 400rwhp upgrade. Many mods are available. My next upgrade is the L-tuned steering module, 2800 rpm TC, and LSD.

Lexus GS 400
By kenuch on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Best car I ever drove. The motor does everything asked of it effortlessly. Absolutely reliable so far.Fun to drive.

Louis' Lexus
By Batman on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Lexus GS 400 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Great performance and style. Upgraded stereo and wheels worth the expense. tire rotation ad bal. every 3 to 4 housand miles a must with 17inch Z rated tires. no major problems and it's still a joy to drive!

Louis' Lexus
By batman on 12/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)