Used 2007 Land Rover LR3 V8 SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

Love this vehicle
By Brian

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I truly agree that this is not the best vehicle on the market for getting kids to and from school and day in day out errands, but when you baalnce that out with weeknd trips to the beach, hiking, mountain biking, and towing a boat there is no better vehicle. I got rid of my first LR3 and bought a smaller fule effecient SUV and after 2 months went back to and LR3. I can't see myself in any other vehicle. During fishing and camping trips I have found myself in a few off road/water situations and have never had an issue even when the passengers doubted it could get to the place we wanted to go. It polishes up well for days in the office, but also loves to get dirty and looks good doing it.

Cargo capacity, go anywhere do anything ability. Navigation system and bluetooth are very user friendly. Aux input and very good sound system. Reliability. 06 forward in these vehicles have shown very good and on both my first and second LR3 have had 0 issues to date. Service department.

Plastic trim needs updating. Rear- view camera, not just sensors. Tall vehicle needs further tuning to limit body roll. Tow hitch assembly is very low and will scrape while attached. Little more rear seat room would be okay. These are minor and the positives on this vehicle far exceed these.

Do not buy this car!
By skinnyheart

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love so many things about this car - but I hate many more. I have lost count of how many times I've taken this car to the dealership to repair malfunctioning lights, seat heaters, etc. (I think it's been 8 so far). The front window molding blew off on the highway 3 months after purchase. In the last two months this car has broken down twice - while we were on vacation both times - and it only has 25,000 miles on it. It is at the shop now, 400 miles from my home. Who knows what is wrong with it. It is very poorly made.

Roomy interior, handling - especially in the rain, Bluetooth, comfortable seats

Move the auto door locks from the center console to the door. Develop a quality control program!

I do not recomend this car
By kimabob

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

My last 3 cars have been Land Rovers. I like them because they are so big and roomy. I dont ge't claustrophobic in them. So as usual I got a land rover when it was time for a new car. I don't recomend this car one of the worst things with high gas prices is the 15 mpg and premium gas. The first few weeks the engine was smooth and fast but now it is pretty loud and a little bumpy. All the features are a little hard to remember how to use. Folding the second row seats flat is a little bit of a struggle and there is not as much leg room as expected in the back seat. The third row is pretty comfortable but with the third row up there is only a couple inches to put bags. And only 1 of the three sunroofs open

Third row, heated seats, air suspension, 10 cup holders

Gas mileage, a little more power, easy folding second row seats, more comfort features

Outstanding Vehicle
By Bradley

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

Each day of driving I am more pleased with the LR3. I have accrued 4000 miles so far and have enjoyed every one of them. The vehicle is a bit heavy, but has a very smooth & comfortable ride. The 4.4 liter V8 performs well in all normal day to day driving conditions. Some dedicated studying is required to make full use of the stereo & climate interfaces. Though overall, this vehicle gives its driver an incredible sense of poise & stability....rain or shine, but especially rain!

Electronic air ride suspension. Exceptional handling

It would be nice if the 12v power outlets would function when the vehicle is off

So Far So Very Good
By VincentET

2007 Land Rover LR3 SUV V8 SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

People and magazines have said LR's aren't reliable, but so far not a single problem. I like this SUV better than any of my past vehicles- Jeep Grand Cherokee, MB ML320, Cadillac SRX, Infiniti QX4. All those trucks had numerous service issues(except Infiniti).

Suspension/off road system. Quiet cabin.

Radio should have aux input in dash, not rear of center console. MP3 playback display to cryptic. Ignition key way too big and clumsy.