2002 Land Rover Freelander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freelander model:
Freelander
By LRF on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Land Rover Freelander HSE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just a great car

Freelander - The Best Of The Bunch
By PaulR on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Freelander is truly an incredible machine. It handles like a sports car and handles off-road situations with the best of them including big brother Discovery. With 8700 miles on the odometer it's a pure pleasure to drive city or highway. Totally Satisfied!

LR Freelander S
By Gylfaginning on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Land Rover Freelander S 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

A former owner of a 93' Jeep Cherokee Sport (one of the world-wide top ten, ever), I interpret the Liberty as an aesthetic offense (whatever the magazines say, "retro" was dead upon arrival). Moreoever, Chrysler dealers are Chrysler dealers; and the cheap extended warranty that they push does not compensate for the Rover's (true) warranty (with ABS [yes we know the Paul-Bunyan Off-R. excuse], etc.), build, handling, and style.

Wish you had one?
By MandA on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle, so far has been pretty reliable... it did have a computer glitch which caused the fuel gauge and descent light to malfunction, however once reset, everything was fine. Not a lot of room, but hey, it's a mini- suv! They put the Landrover looks and spirit in a vehicle that is very affordable.

Freelander Rocks !!!
By W.Carlson on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

My family and I are quite enamored with this car. It is the perfect size for our needs. We looked at other small SUV's and the Freelander was our favorite, HANDS DOWN ! It is great looking and a pleasure to drive. The ride is smooth and it handles superbly.( It is the perfect ski mobile). The sound system is of high quality. The car attracts a lot of attention. In summary, the Freelander is worth the money.

Love This Car
By Schully on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Land Rover Freelander S 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

After reading the mixed reviews posted on this message board, I have to admit I was a little skeptical about the Freelander. However I didn't want to rule it out until I drove it. During the test drive I realized that the people leaving the bad reviews must never have driven one. The second I put the car in drive, I was in love. Ford, Mazda and Jeep should not even be in the same class. There is no way to fully explain it. All I have to say is drive one for your self. I just picked up my new one yesterday and I am very very pleased. The only negitive thing I can say is that I wish there were arm rests.

Looks good!
By Bettycat on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Land Rover Freelander S 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the looks & feels good inside. A good chicks car. The driver needs an arm rest, the engine needs more power, the upgraded stereo sucks. The rear passenge windows only go down half way. ( but I do love the vehicle anyway ) Looks DO matter!

Couldn't Be Happier
By Brad S. on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Land Rover Freelander S 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a fantastic vehicle. Do not buy another small SUV without driving one! We drove the Liberty, Escape, Tribute, Xterra and nothing else came close for ride comfort, handling, fit and finish, among others. We've put only 1100 miles on it so far, but they have been trouble-free and an absolute joy.

Disappointing Purchase
By alias2 on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you are considering this purhase stop...and test drive several Landrovers. I have been stranded by my 2002 Freelander with only 2200 miles at the time. It still does not ride well. A true disappointment and bad choice for this year.

Awesome Drive
By New Owner on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Land Rover Freelander SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased the Land Rover Freelander after looking at all the SUV's in its class (and test driving them). Not only did I find the Freelander the best in its class, but I also found the dealership to be quite impressive. Very up-front. No cheesie sales people here! The nice sales people and no stress atmosphere is what out me over the edge in getting the Freelander. No hassles. I know another satisfied customer as well who has had one longer. I review again after I have driven it a while. But right, now, I am very impressed.