2002 Land Rover Freelander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freelander model:
After 30 Years - My First Land Rover
By LingP on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I grew up in England and had always wanted a Land Rover. A good friend used to take me to the pub in a Series II which I loved. Despite its cute ute looks, I am pleased to report that the Freelander made it up the horse trails in the hills at our farm in Vermont very handily. The hill descent control was a little hair raising at first but quite fun once I got used to it. Overall, a nice machine.

excellent
By dsr on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Truly one of the best vehicles i have ever owned!

Let the fun begin!
By Suresh on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Land Rover Freelander SUV S 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was totally impressed with this little Landie & bought it in within a week of driving. Since it's one-of-a- kind on the road & U'll people checking U out at the lights. Interior ergo is good and I love the heated windshield, I'm ready for midwest winter.

Feeling like one of society's elite.
By la forno on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

College grads. like myself or folks just getting into a good paying job can now afford to buy what was once a well- off person's brand and the 30K price tag is well worth the admission. Not quite the upper echelon of SUV's, but far above the "standard" ones built for the "Honda Accord/Civic & Toyota Camry" masses.

Value?...yes...performance?...somewhat
By estoril on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Land Rover Freelander SUV HSE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Owned for 2 months already and asked if I love it, then my answer would be no, if I like it, then my answer would be yes. For the price you get a ton of standard features lacking in other vehicles of the same price (bigger mid- sized sport utes being inclusive also.) I always dreamed of the day when I would be able to afford a Range Rover HSE, but build quality and price stopped me before from purchasing ANY Land Rover. Now once owned by Ford and BMW, LR has improved vastly in ALL areas. Starting with it's baby brother the Freelander I would have to say that my expectations of the LR name have not disappointed thus far with the exception of the engine.

Great Drive
By MSIN on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Land Rover Freelander SUV SE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased two weeks ago and the car has been great. No problems at 700 miles. The car handles better than anything in its' class. Engine is more than adequate. Harmon Kardon stereo sounds great.

2002 Freelander S
By aceman on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Land Rover Freelander SUV S 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

It gets a lot of looks. Drives great. No problems at all.

Good on everything but milage!
By CocoandBobo on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Land Rover Freelander SUV HSE 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great and well worth the extra money! Compare to Jeep Liberty, Toyota Rav4 and you will see that the Land Roover is SUPERIOR!

Solid Well Built Trouble Free
By D. Brink on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Land Rover Freelander SUV S 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

Attention to detail. Under the hood of the Fords and chevys we looked at before buying the Freelander, I found that most of the electrical connectors had wires that were at almost 90 degrees to the conntection;as if the wire was too short. I also found some rather cheap feeling plastic interior molding. The Ford did not achor the back carpet firmly to the body either. The freelander had none of these types of short commings. Besides that the Roll down back window, heater windshield and side mirrors were just a couple of features for which I did not mind paying.

Great Choice!!!
By firstimebuyer on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Land Rover Freelander SUV S 4dr AWD SUV (2.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first car that I have bought myself, and I am very impressed. I was looking at a lot of other SUV's and almost bought a Pathfinder, until I saw the Freelander. The difference in the handeling and smoothness of the ride separates this vehicle from all the others in it's class. And of course, you can't go wrong with a Land Rover, even one that's affordable!! I reccommend that anyone who is interested in buying or leasing an SUV take the Freelander for a ride, you will be very glad you did.