Used 2005 Kia Sorento SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

2005 Kia Sorento SUV

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

Don't buy a Kia!!!!!
By maureen26

2005 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Kia used. So of course the 100,000 mile warranty was not valid. I have poured so much money into this vehicle over the 3 years I've owned it. I maintain it properly, oil changes, new tires, etc. Well, I just found out the entire rear axle and differential completely rusted/rotted away to nothing. The only thing holding up the car was a shock! I truly believe this car was made poorly with cheap metal. Kia will not help me or stand behind the cars they build. When replacing the rear axle the mechanic found a part that was manufactured wrong in the factory and put on backwards. Again, KIA stands behind nothing! I could have purchased a rental car with all of the times I've had one.

Favorite Features

The interior is nice. Good stereo. Nothing else with this car impressess me at all.

Suggested Improvements

Build a car for safety, stand behind your customer when it comes to manufacturing defects, and please,please fix the electrical system.

Top Notch!
By joatrades

2005 Kia Sorento SUV LX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Sorento used in '06 with 12,000 miles on it. Now have 89K. Love the fact that it is a true 4x4! The rear end is just like a truck, unlike most newer SUVs (including the '12 Sorento!) Never had issues with lights but brakes are below par as is the sheet metal (thin), fuel economy is not great either. Paint, A/C engine, & tranny all are top notch. Very reliable & would buy another '05 or '06.

Great Car!!!
By ma1kohler

2005 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our Sorento new in 05 and it just turned 120K miles. The best vehicle I have ever owned. Other than the 2 dozen or so headlights the Sorento has never been to the shop, ever. We are getting ready to buy a new 2012 Sorento and can't wait.

Favorite Features

I can't count how many times people mistook my Sorento for a Mercedes. Seats are so comfortable.

3 Strikes and the Kia is out!!!!!
By mdacosta

2005 Kia Sorento SUV LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Can't believe it my kia has to go back for the third time for crank polly bolt that keeps breaking off!!!! With bad service and bad attitude from there service department!!! With all the light bulbs going out at different times of the week and A/C stop working after the first year and no body knows why.... Heater never gets hot enough in cold winter weather here in Canada, I have to wear extra clothes to keep warm. Battery always needs a boost. Paint chips off. Do yourself a favor and DON'T BUY A KIA!!!!! You're better off walking, mine leaves me stranded.....

Favorite Features

Nothing!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Everything and better service in the service shops with people that know how to fix the problems and not blame the buyers... Stand by there product and warrenties.

ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS
By avengers2

2005 Kia Sorento SUV LX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new in 05. Engine light came on when I got home from the dealer. Sensor out. Head lights go out about every 4 months. The back windshield wiper blade runs for about 5 minutes every time you start the car. I had the car checked out. They said I have 3 electrical problems. The air conditioner went out 2 years ago.

Favorite Features

The car is roomy and looks good.