2010 Kia Forte Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:
great little car
By minotrice on 03/04/14 10:40 AM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

we bought the ccar used in 2012, since then it has been all over fl and 2 trips to ga. on the hwy i get between 36-41mpg and on the slower back country roads going 55 i get 52mpg. not a single problem with the car the only reason i gave it a 2 for comfort is the front seats are only good for about 150miles anything longer and and they let you know your in an econmy car. the car has good pick up and go too

Good cheap car that runs and drives
By manycarowner on 01/21/14 20:35 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My car has 50,000 miles, 2.0L 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual transmission. I bought it used. This car has been great. It has been my daily driver for 2 years. I needed cheap, reliable transportation and it fit the bill. Comes with great features and a great warranty. That being said, beware of this cars resale value. I have put about 10,000 miles on it in the 2 years i have owned it and it went from being worth almost $13,000 retail/$10,000 trade to about $7500 retail and $5000 trade. For those who want to buy this car to keep and drive till it dies, it is well worth it. However if you plan on trading it in after a year or two, look away. I wish i hadn't bought it just for that reason alone.

I LOVED my Forte!
By mathwhiz1 on 09/15/13 03:10 AM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I recently traded in my 2010 Kia Forte for a 2013 Nissan Sentra, but I only traded it in because it was high in miles (over 100k). Otherwise I would still be driving it. I was a little leery about buying a Kia, but I was pleasantly surprised. Mine came equipped with all kinds of toys: Bluetooth, Sirius satellite radio. Acceleration was more than ample for passing.

not so bad
By malicioustoast on 04/24/13 15:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

2010 forte ex sedan 2.0L 4 cyl automatic. overall, i'd have to say i love this car. traded my nissan titan for this in 2010, and i'm LOVING the gas mileage. now has 26k miles. the exterior and interior both look really nice, and the ride is comfortable. i drive from dallas to corpus almost every other weekend, and it handles like a boss. pick up isn't that great, but that's to be expected with a 2.0. only thing i don't like is this thing is prone to dents. i just leaned on the car and i got a dent on the drivers side door. a girl from my university also hit the passenger door with her purse and dented it, and her purse was freaking tiny lol. despite that, KIA made one nice little car :)

great car
By minotrice on 01/20/13 17:28 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

keeping in mind this is an econmy car not a luxry car, its a great car. quick great on gas, and at 6'4" its very roomy for me. have a few friends that also have this model and they love there as much as i love mine, for the price of these forte's you are geting a great little cat

We are getting excellent value from our sedan
By smulvey on 12/10/12 12:06 PM (PST)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

We have a 2010 FORTE EX lease car for $ 239 a month with -0- down, -0- first month payment and a $ 400 disposition fee. So our monthly cost for this car is pretty low. We have 20,000 miles on it to date. We just drive 500 miles Sunday Dec 9,2012 and we got somewhere between 32 and 35 MPG. We have Blizzack Snow tires, four adults in the car, limited luggage. We adjusted the seats to get good leg room, we are all 6 foot tall. We have the Automatic 4 speed. The car's equipment all works good. We have had no dealer service. We do oils changes and tire changes. That is all. Our dealer is a dishonest crook. ( Vision Kia of Fairport NY ). He can't change so we just pray for him and hope for best

Buy a donkey not KIA
By jack234 on 08/22/12 21:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this KIA for a year and 1/2. Been in shop more than a dozen times but still have problems with it. Even worst, in the last 1 1/2 year it lost more than $15,000 in value. Payed $19,000 for it in May 2011, it is now August 2012 and the trade in value is at $4,000. The exterior and interior are in great shape. DO NOT BUY KIA you will loose big time. You and american economy.

Excellent Car...
By jmp2010 on 10/17/11 15:44 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I traded a 1997 Ram 4wd i have had for 6 years for this car. Obviously the gas mileage was the problem with my truck. Over the course of 3 days i drove a total of 27 different vehicles. I came to my kia dealership with the sole intention of a used car. My salesman gave me the keys to a new 2011 Forte Ex and said drive it like you stole it lol. I was so impressed with the car i signed papers 30 minutes later. My car was slightly used as a low mileage lease to the Kia manufacturing plant a few miles from my home. Its primary function was a carpool car. It was perfectly maintained and had 3400 miles on it. It now has a little over 29000 on it and not even the slightest hint of a problem.

Great for the price
By jezdjb on 09/17/11 14:12 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

This little car is quick, comfortable, and good looking. 6700 miles so far and no issues what so ever. We avg 29mpg with city/hwy mixed. Haven't gone on the "long drive" yet but I'm guessing it will be fine. Like it so much we went and bought a 2011 Rio SX so it wouldn't be lonely :)

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By lydiac8668 on 08/15/11 17:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I am amazed they have not recalled this car! My engine has stalled on me 4 times now and no one knows how or why. According to other sites, I am not the only one! I drive only 4 miles away from my home daily to go to work on a very busy street. The last time it stalled, my lights were still on in my car, except my engine cut off, as well as my power steering, in drive, and I had to throw on my emergency lights and use my entire body weight to pull into a lot. This is day 5 of having a rental car through Kia and they still can't "recreate the situation" or "fix it". If you wouldn't put your loved one in it, don't buy it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Kia Forte Sedan in VA is:

$142 per month*