2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Jeep Got it Right

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

Jeep Got it Right
By Drew on

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My 2005 Jeep Cherokee Limited 5.7L with chrome rims, back-up sensors, back seat entertainment, satellite radio and 7500 lb. tow package has proven to be great fun to drive, comfortable for my passengers, and eye catching. The separate climate controls with duel infrared sensor works very well creating two separate environment. The MDS 5.7L engine mileage is 13 to 19mpg with smooth power delivery to all four tires. The tire pressure monitors (also in the spare) is comforting because Jeep displays the pressure for each tire right on the instrument panel. Jeep has integrated Bluetooth, CD, DVD, Sat Radio, and GPS on a single intranet bus. The IgKey is a small computer. It is my work horse.

The powerful engine and MDS is my favorite feature. The ride and road stability provide a platform for safety and fun. The back up sensors stopped me from hitting a dumpster in the dark. The satellite radio and integrated navigation give me confidence and stress relief in a strange town.

1. The Ignition key location lets my house keys dangle on top of my knee. Yes, I have inserted the key in the ignition with the loop up (it is double sided key). 2. The 1 and 2 seat positioning switch is easily bumped by my left knee while I am driving. 3. Where the heck is the MDS indicator?