So far, so good
By inuvik on
2010 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
We were in the market to replace our '09 Dodge Journey which we liked, but it had a lot of quality control issues. We had always wanted a Jeep and when I found out that 2010 was the last year for the Commander I was intrigued. I was interested in the V6 model only. I had a '07 Mega Cab with a Hemi and it had absolutely horrible fuel mileage so I wasn't interested in another. After searching through dealer's inventory I found that there were very few Commander's left in inventory anywhere. But I did find a V6 4x4 Sport. The dealer was highly motivated to sell the vehicle due to the fact that incentives were about to expire. Mileage has been good 20 MPG on the highway. $23,995 12k off.
Favorite Features
4WD, roomy, solid construction, very quiet, excellent stereo, excellent ride. Good fuel mileage (17-18 MPG city, 19-21 MPG hwy). Fantastic in the snow. Build quality far better than my '09 Journey.
Suggested Improvements
Since the Commander is no longer being made for the USA I guess this point is moot. But the Commander is still being exported overseas. More useful storage places would be nice. And yes I'll say it, more cupholders!