2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:
Excellent Vehicle
By commuter11 on 12/01/14 10:09 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Cherokee Latitude V6 4 x 4 bought early June 2014, currently with 6000 miles on it. This has been a very nice vehicle, keeping my wife happy (replacing a totaled Caravan) with enough space for a reasonable amount of hauling in town. We generally drive it on road trips, also. Don't overlook that this really is a Jeep, a little heavier than otherwise would be the case, but you find the advantages when driving over rough roads, as it just glides along where most cars would be shaking themselves to pieces. MPG is great on the highway, up to 27 mpg, with excellent merging acceleration for on-ramps. Cornering is good, also. The 8.4 inch touch screen is easy to read and works well.

VW bug to a jeep
By sk_jo11 on 09/16/14 18:51 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Most amazing car!!! I cannot convey to you how amazing this car is. It is perfect for everything. I use it driving to work and get 28-30 to the gallon on mixed roads with hills. 24-26 In town. And up to 36 on the highway but usually 32 on a trip. Millions of features and you can customize your dash. Tons of room. most comfortable seats since my 1991 chrysler new yorker. I am telling you this is SO worth it. The remote start and heated seats in cold weather is the best. Heated cloth seats was the best invention ever!!! Yes brand new so there will be problems. Not only brand new car but brand new model. My fog light sticks on, but dealer will fix it. I love this car it is the best investment.

I normally buy Fords
By modeladriver on 08/24/14 13:41 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

After test driving almost every Ford SUV my back was killing me. This car stopped the pain on the test drive. I have read about the programming problem on the early 2014s. Mine is August 2013 but have had not a bit of trouble. Sometimes the tranny thinks too much when deciding gears but most of the time it is smooth. A pure joy on a long trip and I can drive for hours. The interior is well crafted and the car looks more expensive than it was. I have the six cylinder and get a a hard 32 mpg on the highway with 27 around town. I will achieve 110 mph rather quickly. You never get to the ninth gear. I am glad I bought it.

after 80 days stilll not very happy
By vlowe945 on 08/18/14 23:08 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

bought w/ 2 miles on it, 2nd day wouldn't start, been in the shop 6 times & towed once, transmission malfunctioned the ck engine brake & esc light came on then rolled forward down the driveway in reverse, it said service transmission & needed computer updates. when started it idles high then acts like its gonna die & smooth's out, taking off from stop it shimmy's from side to side. on the interstate with cruise @ 70 mph rpms are 2200 but plus or minus 1 mile the rpms drop to 1850, I resorted to video recording every time I got in it as evidence of trouble, have a active case with Jeep but if there is a issue and it doesn't throw a code its not fixable! but I did get a 6/60k free maint.

Owned many Jeeps...this is the best!
By jeepcrz on 08/18/14 09:11 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I love my new Jeep Cherokee 4x4 Limited. It is the 6 cylinder engine and has plenty of power. It seemed a little on the expensive side at the time of purchase but now I couldn't be happier. The fit and finish is great. The leather interior looks rich. I have the blue and brown leather. The transmission is very smooth, and although it took some getting used to, I really like the design of the exterior.

Best SUV Ever!!! Very Happy with Purchase!
By mojorisin36 on 08/15/14 17:02 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I did a ton of research on SUV's - Ford, Toyota, Mazda, Acura, Honda etc...and I initially leased the Grand Cherokee as I couldn't decide between the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee. The first night I drove the Grand Cherokee home I hated it. The dealership was awesome and let me switch to the Cherokee Limited V6 w/ Panoramic roof, loaded. It is the best driving, most comfortable car with the best technology I ever had. I am so happy with the purchase and love driving this fun car. Perfect if you have kids yet want to drive in poor conditions yet want to go out at night or drive on the highway. I completely recommend it.

2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited FWD
By srdjdcat on 08/04/14 16:09 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I needed a mid-size family SUV and did a ton of research. I opted for a fully loaded Cherokee Limited with luxury/convenience/UConnect/V6 package. This is the only vehicle in its class where I really liked the blend of exterior and interior design. The ride is very comfortable, ventilated seats work like a charm especially since I live in Phoenix and the temperatures are 100+ degrees six months out of the year. The dash board is simple yet offers a ton of features and is veary easy to use. The navigation is excellent, satellite radio, all that. I loaded all my music on a 64GB SD card.

Love our 2014 Trailhawk
By gerald41 on 07/27/14 08:03 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Bought our Trailhawk 1/2014 after we fell in love with it's design. Well we currently have 9k on it and have had no issues with it at all. We took it in for the transmission updates but because we were asked to, we never really had any complaints with it's shifting. We're in our late 50's so we had to learn how to drive this new ride. It does have a delay in acceleration and when you let off the gas, but nothing that's hard to adjust to. In all we love the truck, it's very comfortable, has all we wanted and most of all to date has been very dependable. I will say it has never used the ninth gear , seems that 7th is the gear it's in when driving at 65. Gas milage is averaging around 20.8.

New Transmission at 2K miles!
By reliablenc on 07/25/14 03:52 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Well, I had such high hopes. After an exhaustive search, I finally thought I had found the perfect vehicle for me in the new Jeep Cherokee. But just after I crossed 2,000 miles the transmission died. Yes, you read that right -- 2,000 miles. I've now been without my Cherokee for a week and there is still no timeframe for when I will get it back (or even if they are going to fix it correctly). Apparently, they "lost" the new transmission somewhere between the factory and the dealership. It's really too bad, because there is a lot to like about the Cherokee. But I guess I will be use the NC Lemon Law refund and buy something else that's more reliable. Frustrating...

Cherokee at 4000 miles
By rgoodspeed on 07/03/14 10:01 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

First and foremost I have been a jeep guy for several decades so I do like the product. This is my 8th Jeep and my Trailhawk replaced my beloved 2006 Liberty CRD that was mint at 100,000 I must say! The Cherokee has exceeded my expectations in all ways...the car is fun to drive the V-6 has a ton of power the MPG are over 20 all the times. I have had zero issues over the first 4000 miles, I took it in for the lastest transmission flash but I was not having any issues or problems. The best vehicle in its class for sure, a little on the procey side when you get it loaded up and I do not like the 15.5 gallon gas tank that is filled from the right side. Great vehicle in all aspects.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.