2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

had a great drive
By adel6

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

The new Jeep Cherokee is something I'll recommend to all SUV enthusiasts. I bought it a ear ago from Repokar car auction for a good price and had a great experience driving it. Now I am selling it because I've owned another model. But this jeep has an unbelievable style. This item is a must to get.

Favorite Features

There are storage areas at places you will not expect them to find. You have one under the passenger seat, underneath the luggage area, tray added to the box between the seats, one at the dashboard with anti slip matting ideal for coins and so on.

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel adjustment should be electric and perhaps go down a little lower, passenger seat should be electric as some strength is needed to raise or lower it.

2014 Cherokee Trailhawk 3.2 v6 24 valve 9spd
By tayden22

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I have had my 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk for exactly 1 year ,I have put nearly 9,000 miles on it and had zero problems. The 3.2 24 valve V6 seems to have more positive reviews than the 4 cyl ,to me its an suv with trail rated off road capabilities you need the V6 power ,when you switch from normal to sport for more aggressive driving it basically turns into a 5 speed and has a ton of power ,regular driving I use the 9 speed auto and get great fuel mileage ,every where I go I get comments on it ,the way it looks the way the V6 sounds the leather dash seats ,wheel etc its an awesome ride and I traded in my grand Cherokee overland w/V8 hemi !Would take Trailhawk hands down over the grand

Favorite Features

Being able to switch drive modes depending on conditions ,the all leather interior with trailhawk sewn into seat back heated seats and wheel all the airbags ,crazy nav system with media etc 17" rims powerfull V6 engine and the 9 speed transmission

Suggested Improvements

Im tall maybe a little more headroom ,little bigger than 15.8 fuel tank

Nice vehicle but no heat on passengers side. Cold feet!
By Letha Barton

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I really like my jeep. Deciphers comfortably and good fuel economy. We have gone into the service dept. dodge summit Fredericton NB on two occasions and both times they said their computer was broke and couldn't complete the upgrade. Problem with Bluetooth connection and salt elite radio reception. My biggest compliant is that poor heat on the passengers side. My freeze all the time, but the drivers side is toasty warm. Service Center said there wasn't anything wrong. The vent for the heat is literally 2 inch in diameter.

Favorite Features

Comfortable to drive. Works well in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

Improve heating system. Bigger vent to allow more warm air.

Worst car I've ever owned
By countryboyrmx

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Whats broke on it so far: Cruise Control - Gets going over speed set going downhill. Set to 70mph and seen it go over 86mph. Radio - randomly duplicates mp3 files Radio - randomly freezes and reboots while driving. Engine - 17k miles and started leaking oil Broken fog light switch - shoved into dash. broken at factory Fuel door - freezes shut in winter and need hot water to open it Shifting - loud pops as it goes into gear at times and upshifts on hills and lugs down Shifter - Went to put it into gear and shifter broke

Favorite Features

sirius xm satellite?

Suggested Improvements

Everything on this Jeep needs redesigned and reengineered

Power Transfer Unit Problems
By NY_Girl

2014 Jeep Cherokee SUV Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Bought a 2014 Trailhawk at the end of the year. We are now at less than 7000 miles on it and the Power Transfer Unit is toast. Back to the dealership and they expect to have it a week. Prior to this issue, I had no major complaints. Beast in the snow and not bad on gas. The interior makes you feel like you are in a much more expensive vehicle. The heated steering wheel gets a little too warm and wish there was a little more headroom...minor issues until the PTU problems. Dealership said we were not the first ones to have this problem. Little consolation though. Hope Jeep figures it out!

Favorite Features

Touch screen climate and radio, passenger seat storage, factory installed remote start

Suggested Improvements

Automatic headlights, automatic climate control, lower temp on heated steering wheel