1999 Jaguar XK-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:
Pretty good car
By JZL on 03/02/05 21:07 PM (PST)

1999 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible

Overall good car. It's a kick to drive and it looks great. Put Pirelli tires on it and it really handles. Car was reliable until about 75,000 miles. After that, transmission and instrument pack had to be replaced. Car also jumped timing and timing chain needed to be repaired. Premature in my book. Make sure you purchase the extended warranty. It's worth its weight in gold!

Love everything about this beautiful car
By D.G.W. on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible

I hate to part with this car as I really do love everthing about it. I have had no trouble with it and I love to drive it. Also , everywhere I go I get complements on it's beauty; however my age tells me that I need a different kind of a car.

Reliable...but
By California man on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible

It is a fun car to drive I even had a police officer stop me to admire the car, honestly no ticket. I had the engine replaced at 34,000 miles because of no oil. I don't know if the servicing dealer didn't put in enough or why or how it lost it. It was covered under warranty after a fight with Jag reps. What I did find out is the gauges are not reliable because prior to dying, the engine temp and oil pressure guages all said normal nor were there any red lights lite on the dash.

Unreliable
By MorMat on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible

For sure it is a fun and sexy car to drive and has lots of power. But for the price it is very cheaply built. A lot of things fall apart, there are plenty of electrical problems, overall you always feel what is gonna go wrong and break next. Recently the engine has given me problems. During the last three months my car has be out for service for one and half months. I'll never buy another Jaguar.

Jag is a dog
By nojags on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible

Nothing but problems. After 48,000 miles replaced cracked motor mounts, timing chanin and tensioners, ignition coils. Window operation failed. Traction control failed. Various electrical problems

wants to run
By Clayhunter on 11/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible

This is a great driving/touring car. Suspension is stiff and responsive but not harsh - more civilized (no kidney damage) than Porsche. Engine/tranny very powerful and smooth. Very well appointed and handsome interior that could use some ergonomic attention. Expensive new, they depreciate quickly and become a much better value as they age.

Sammy
By Annette LeClair on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible

This car drives like the dream it looks like... it handles like butter oozing on a hot griddle! It hugs and responds with a light touch on the wheel, yet feels solid and tight in the suspension.

convertibel fun
By don30 on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible

Absolutely no problems. Not your 'fathers' Jag. Fun to drive gets plenty of looks. Needs a 'tip-tronic' type of transmission to really have fun