Used 2005 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jaguar X-Type - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

The grin still hasen't left my face!
By Tedd

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

What a great car! I just finished driving the X type from Kansas City to L.A. I ventured off the interstate often and hit some great winding mountain road (pine to palms hwy) and even went off road into (yes, into!) the grand canyon on a gravel road/creek bed! Went from rain and snow (in Flagstaff) to desert heat. The car was loaded down to the hilt, driven hard, thrown into corners, cruised at high speed, and every component performed perfectly! (except the rearview mirror vibrated out of position on the rough gravel road leading into the grand canyon) I never had a more fun drive! BMW should be worried!

Strong engine, all wheel drive, quality materials, excellent fit and finish. Standard suspension plenty sporting! Auto windshield wipers, big trunk, timeless good looks

The J-Gate on the auto-stick is "old- school" charming but not the most effective way to shift through the gears Too easy to engage "one-touch-down" on power window switch

Jag X
By Gonzales

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The X-Type is a Jaguar in every sense, especially in the one important one: you feel good every time you sit in it, feel the leather, see the wood and chrome, the curves of the bonnet, and feel the way it performs. A delight.

Fantastic interior, with fine DVD touchscreen navigation.

Jag X 2.5 5M - First 8 months
By steve

2005 Jaguar X-Type 2.5L 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Pleased with the car - great value. Interestingly, I switched from a V6 GTI and my back no longer hurts when I drive. The Jag body curves are sensuous and the car is easy to wash and dry. Service has been exceptional, as was the salesman and dealer. In a sea of possibilities, this little Jag is a good bet.

I like the cat on the hood and it has a big trunk. The seats aren't bad and neither is the stereo but it is not top shelf.

Stronger engine - though the 2.5 stick is snappy, I would not call it fast. More power would be better. The ability to improve the sound system would be nice.

IT'S IMPROVED
By Brooks

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had been leasing a 2002 X Type. I find the 2005 a much improved car. The transmission is more responsive. The car handles better, has memory seats and mirrors. A great sound system is even better. Before leasing this car I test drove an Acura RL and a BMW 330i. I found the ride and performance of the Jag to be more satisfying In 2 months of driving there have been no defects.

Ride and handling. Nav system. Audio. Interior and exterior styling.

It could use an electric closing trunk lid. More rear seat room. A larger variety of interior colors.

2005 X-type Sport...Love it!!!
By medicinegirl

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second X type. My first was a 2003 2.5 liter, that was very reliable, and fun to drive. This one is a Sport 3.0, and is WAY better! The handling is really, really improved over the plain X types, as good a BMW 3-series, I think...well worth the difference in price. I shopped around first, looking at the Audi A4, the BMW 3's, the Infiniti G35 and M35, and even considered the S-type, but after I drove an platinum-colored X-type Sport, I ordered a black one on the spot!

The styling, inside and out. You have to love that Jag wood and leather! The Sport's body additions really make it stand out.

A bit more legroom in the back seat would be nice, as would rear air, like in the larger Jags.