Used 1992 Isuzu Amigo XS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Isuzu Amigo - Consumer Reviews

1992 Isuzu Amigo

View reviews for a specific Amigo model:

My Friend, The Amigo
By Nfamous

1992 Isuzu Amigo XS 2dr SUV

This is my first car and I have to say it's a road dog. It takes a licking and keeps on ticking. I have had it for over 10 months going on now and it's only in need of the regular oil change. I will admit that it's noisy but it's not perfect either. It has never left me on the road stranded and hopefully until I save up enough money to buy a new car it will continue to hold strong. I even installed a Pioneer Radio/CD/Aux Head unit w/ 2 10" inch Pioneer Subs with a 750watt amp and roadmaster speakers and for a small SUV it gets really loud. The tranny gives a little slip in the morning when I turn it on before going to work but I think it's because I need to let it warm up some more. But it rocks!

Favorite Features

MPG as a 4cyl. How it's very low key and can blend in, but is rarely seen. How it beats down the block everywhere. How for a 2wd model it still tackles snow and sleet.

Suggested Improvements

Lower it. Put 18-20 inch rims on it with custom earth tone or copper paint job (preferably candy with 2 gallons of clear coat to get super wet glossy look). Low Profile tires like street racing type. Invest in soundproof material for inside to cancel out engine and other noise.