Used 2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific G20 model:

Love to Drive
By Kcherice

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with my G before I even bought it. Just after seeing it in 2001, I drove it right off the showroom floor and it hasn't disappointed me yet! This car is classy yet sporty and a great performer for the 4-cyl class. Solid engineering and esthetically pleasing. Still looks great today even among newer vehicles. Cons? Cup holders are inefficient. Passenger seat adjustment in the sport edition isn't automatic. My son grew up in this car and will inherit it in 2 yrs; it makes me nervous that he won't love it as much as I do.

16" wheels, 6-disc cd changer.

Gem of a Car!
By taenean

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Why get a Civic, Lancer, or Corolla when you can get a G20? With the G20, you get much more for your dollar - power windows, power mirrors, leather interior, moonroof, etc. People will argue that the G20 has a low resale value compared to the other models. Who cares? If you want to get an affordable used car that you intend to use for many years to come, resale value does not matter. All you should care about is reliability and in that area, the G20 is a real keeper. I'm not being biased, but I read so many great things about the G20's SR20DE engine. I dare say that the SR20DE is tougher than the competitors' engines. And since the G20 is built in Japan, no need to worry about quality.

- Luxury features for "free" - I'll bet that if you had $5K to spend on a used G20, that would only get you a Civic, Lancer, or Corolla with cloth seats and manual mirrors - Handsome Styling - Large air dam, skirts, sleek lines etc. - Great handling - It is very maneuverable with an on-center feel

It needs 200hp and at least 175 ft-lbs of torque to be perfect.

Great Value for Sport Compact
By Dave C

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For almost 1 year I have been driving my G20 and I love this car. It's the perfect blend of sportiness, luxury, safety, and performance. I was looking for a 4 cyl sedan with curb appeal and safety in mind, and it came down to either the Accord or the G20. I'm very happy with my choice. 4 airbags, great looks, giant trunk - who could go wrong. I do hear a few squeaks and rattles now and then, and it would be nice if there was more sound dampening inside (you can hear outside road noise fairly well at high speeds). Cupholder is a change tray only. Check engine light came on at 74K miles, was rear O2 sensor. Overall this is an excellent car.

Unique looks (people ask me all the time what it is), great handling, wonderful stereo, big trunk, great gas mileage (27-32), extremely comfortable seats, large interior and headroom.

Real cupholders, outside temp gauge, more powerful engine (3-litre V6 would have been awesome!)

Awesome Value
By John C

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I found a 2002 with 35000 miles on the clock, and have added 7000 miles before writing this review. For the small price I paid, I love this car. I get great mileage and comfort without the high cost of buying a stripped down toyota or honda on the used market. This is an awesome vehicle for the high gas prices this year, I have averaged 32-33 mpg highway. It is an ultimate executive beater!

Gas mileage, interior appointments, stereo, reliability.

Cupholders

2002 Infiniti Still Running Well
By Kathy

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just passed the 50000 mile mark recently and have enjoyed driving for the last six years. Mostly local or city driving, but handles well on the highway as well. At time of purchase, I considered the Maxima and also the Jetta - this was a better deal and I liked the appearance better.

Added gold package on navy blue and still get compliments today on appearance. Smooth drive and limited maintenance over the years. Passenger seat and leg room are good.

Leather seat does not hold up (and I'm a small woman), cup holders are a joke, would be nice to outside temperature gauge and need more than expected room for u-turns.