2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G20 model:
Great economical & reliable sport sedan
By John on 11/13/06 17:51 PM (PST)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the manual transmission Sport version. Best car I have ever owned. Car has incredible handling. Power is good with two or less people on board with the manual trans. Great looks. Sport edition interior is perforated suede. Best compromise between cloth and smooth glossy leather, warm in winter, cool in summer. Excellent gas mileage. 32 mpg on the highway. Car has been VERY reliable.

reliable car great price
By drkeller on 08/22/06 12:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I work at a CarMax and financed my first car. The G20 is a great car compared to hondas and all the other imports. it is great because they dont have the huge price tag, for instance a 2002 honda accord with 80 thousand miles runs between 10-15K. My 2002 g20 ran for 10,000 prior to discount and only had 48000 miles. Great buy

Great gas mileage
By Jo on 08/07/06 16:41 PM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like my G20. Four + years later, I still get at least 27 miles to the gallon (city). The only complaint I have is the quality of the leather. At 2+ years, my seats starting cracking (I am not overweight, nor do I have kids). Granted, the pick-up of the car lacks some, but I find the tradeoff for gas economy worth it. I bought the car mostly because it was nice, affordable and great stereo and sun roof! I haven't regreted it once!

Very Happy
By James Gallagher on 07/31/06 07:37 AM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used for my wife to drive, but whenever I can I take it for a joy ride.It handles magnificently on the highways and is just fantastic on winding roads. The overall quality built into every component in this sporty machine is supurb. Example,very high quality carpet material used for the floor mats. I also love the Bose sound system, again top quality stuff. The Infiniti powertrain warranty is another great feature also, although I have had no need to use it, knowing it is covering the powertrain system up to 70,000 miles is comforting. This car has a great sporty look both inside and out.I really can't find any faults with our Infinity G-20. We both love our G-20!!!!!!!!!

G20 a Great Buy
By FrogMan on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'd recommend a G20 to anyone looking for a dependability. Parking traffic can be problems in Chicago, so I was wanted a luxury car that was small and easy on the gas. Reliability of this model was at top of the charts. I considered Saab & Volvo, but bought the G20 when I noticed a lot of the same safety design elements-Infiniti could do more to market the safety. Acceleration is the best w/Auto Trans, but the handling is fabulous (I also owned a Porsche 928). This car is a sleeper - make no mistake, it is a 4 cyl. built on an economy car platform. But it is probably the most luxury you can get for a car its size; e.g., liquid filled engine mounts) It drives like a much larger vehicle!

Good Car
By EricJavier on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a pretty good car. The sports package is a must, it makes the car look so amazing. It handles really well. The stereo is pretty good too. I jus wish it was a bit faster. Hard to get up hills.

G20 Sport - nice little car!
By JKWright on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a silver '02 Sport model with the 5-speed transmission for my wife. It's been a flawlessly reliable, good-looking, fun-to-drive little car. I owned a '91 Nissan Sentra SE-R for 10 years, a car that had the same SR20DE engine in the G20. That engine was the number one reason we looked into the G. It's that good: easy to rev, torquey down, not too buzzy, sips fuel and breathes well all the way to redline. The suedelike perforated inserts in the Sport package really dress up the interior along with the titanium- colored accents. The 16" wheels from the European Primera are a massive step up in appearance from the stock dinky wheels rounded with skinny rubber.

Compact Luxury & Fuel Economy
By Becks on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

When I set out to buy a used car my criteria was a 4 cylinder, small car that was safe, had all the luxury of my previous car and most of all, RELIABILITY. What I found was the G20. I have owned the car for 6 months now, and still love it. It meets all my requirements & is a fun sporty car (albeit not super fast, but if fuel economy is more important, one can't complain!) Only problem I've had is a noise from the transmission but the warranty covered the repair. I love the sport leather/suede seats and spoiler. I added a small subwoofer and amp but the sound system is very good as is.

Its an awesome car.. Really..
By RangeRoverHSE8 on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is awesome. My friend who lives in Germany has a Nissan Primera like this G20 body style and he has had no problems whatsoever. I love the body design on this car. I have had only a few warranty issues, but the dealer took car of it, and gave me a Loaner car.. in fact I got a G35 Loaner car.. not too impressed with it.. I like my G20 alot more than a G35. I mean ok so the G35 has a V6.. but I mean, the inside does not look all that great.. This is a car I would recommend, even if you were to buy it Pre-Owned

02 G20 Sport
By mmmmmmmm on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Infiniti G20 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The sport edition has some great features. For the price, this is a great car that is fun to drive. Just as previous reviews, it would be even more fun with a larger engine. But with a 5 speed manual, it keeps up or even beats my fiancee's 2003 Mercedes c230 Kompressor sedan with 190 supercharged horses. So, a 10 second 0-60 time sounds about 2 seconds off for the manual version. Handling for a sedan is tops. No problems yet.