2005 Hyundai XG350 Consumer Review: good looks stolen from luxury

2005 Hyundai XG350 - Consumer Review

good looks stolen from luxury cars !
By gogu teologu on

2005 Hyundai XG350 L 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First, XG DOES have side airbags! It is a matter of personal taste, and thus a relative thing, but I did not find any other near-luxury car to have the good looks of an XG. Anything equally or better looking will cost at least $5000 more. Good for Hyundai, shame on them to have stolen styling features from Bentley and Mercedes, goo d for us that they did it. Of course, looks are not everything, but XG does handle quite well, has enough interior room, an adequate fuel efficiency (I get 30 miles/gallon on highway with 87 gas, which is more than in the specs). I do not know how reliable an XG is; so far, so good, but I expect it will not be as reliable as a Japanese car.

Favorite Features

excellent exterior looks, high quality interior materials (all leather, no cheap plastic), good torque at low speed, shiftronic gear

Suggested Improvements

Could use a better styled gauge cluster, sound controls on the steering wheel (though this is a minor thing), better suspensions (you feel bumps and holes more than acceptable), and a better sound system.