2005 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Review: Experiance it to believe it

2005 Hyundai Sonata - Consumer Review

GL Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Experiance it to believe it
By Mir on

2005 Hyundai Sonata GL 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When my older son asked if I have looked at Hyundais I gave him a long stare. My 20 year old's need for a daily driver while in college got me to research vehicles. Went to test drive a Sonata and came home with it. Unbelievably smooth take off and stopping and everything in between. Handles like an expensive luxury sedan. Effortless steering, smooth cornering. The auto-manual puts you instantly in a sports rush. Superbly crisp sound. Oh and such distinctive exterior, jaguar like, without the Jaguar tag or nag. If I hadn't experienced it I would be still holding my long stare at the name Hyundai, continuing to hold my Mercedes', BMWs and lexus' close to heart. But now I'm a believer.

Favorite Features

Exterior, especially the gracefully aggressive lines on the front of the hood flowing into the balanced headlights creating a harmony. So much more distinctive looking compared to an Accord or a Camry. The floaty ride even on a rough road handling bumps like they didn't exist. Roominess for 5.

Suggested Improvements

For the little money I paid I shouldn't ask for any. The wheels inside the hub caps are rusting. cosmetic. But would be nice if they were say painted black. Top part of the steering wheel scuffed. Use of better material would have prevented this I suppose.