2011 Hyundai Elantra Consumer Review: Hyundai Does Not Stand Behind

2011 Hyundai Elantra Sedan - Consumer Review

Hyundai Does Not Stand Behind Their Product
By jason010 on

2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2011 Elantra new just over one year ago. I am a sales rep and I drive the car quite a bit. I now have 45k miles on the car. It gets good mileage (30-32 mpg in the hills of East TN). The cab is roomy & comfortable & the engine has been fine so far. Now, on to the issues I have with it. The car rides very rough, the road noise is terrible (and gets worse with time), & overall quality of the materials is questionable. Recently, all the audio (radio, bluetooth, and button) just went out. Hyundai won't fix it & basically told me to [non-permissible content removed]. The radio/navigation only has a 36k warranty, along with the paint. This tells me Hyundai knows the audio system is crap & doesn't care.

Comfort, space, design, decent fuel mileage

The Navigation system is horrible. It sometimes takes you on paths that are obviously not the best & quickest ways to get you to your destination. It simply will not work 1/4 of the time. My audio is completely out and Hyundai will not fix it. Their customer service is terrible and will not help. The stereo/navigation warranty is only 3 yrs/36k miles, along with the paint. This makes it obvious that the system poor quality. Road noise is terrible. Car rides very rough.