2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Consumer Review: Tall-friendly and Winter Worth

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Tall-friendly and Winter Worthy!
By mushamush on

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

This car has been incredible so far. I'm 6'3", 175 pounds. I fit comfortably, better yet, I can fit 3 more 6'+ people with no problem. Ride quality, engine noise and road noise all exceed my expectations in a very good way. I own a 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 as well, the difference is staggering, and I love that car! The attention to detail and material quality really sets it apart from a lot of cars. Nothing feels cheap (and this is a Hyundai! Man, they've come a long way), nothing creaks or pops going down the road. I'm used to these small, 4 cylinder econoboxes being complete rattletraps. Not anymore. And it does well in snow. I couldn't be happier.

Ice cold AC that doesn't gouge performance Blazing hot heater. Heated mirrors when rear defrost is on. Bluetooth. Spare tire! Fold-flat cargo bay. Tough coating on rocker panels. Hood starts a few inches back so the plastic bumper takes the rock chips (this is genius). Incredible fuel economy. Heated cloth seats (awesome!) Push button start sounds unneeded, but leaving the keys in your coat is nice. All that with a smooth ride and nearly inaudible engine noise when cruising. Amazing how far these little econoboxes have come.

The blue backlight on the radio can be a little bright in night driving. There is a button to turn the display off, so it isn't a big deal, but it's honestly the only issue I've found so far. Seriously. Everything else has been aces. I would absolutely recommend this car. But really, go test drive it. It speaks pretty well for itself. I know I gave every category 5 stars, but I've personally owned a 2001 Focus ZX3, 2011 CR-V EX, and a 2012 Impala LTZ. This little squirt surpasses all of them in each category. Hard to say anything about reliability yet, but Hyundai's warranty is very nice.