2007 Hyundai Azera Consumer Review: No apologies: One nice car!

2007 Hyundai Azera Sedan - Consumer Review

No apologies: One nice car!
By Andy Whalen on

2007 Hyundai Azera Limited 4dr Sedan w/XM (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This car is excellent. I hate to say "for the money" because that sounds like compromise; Azera makes none. The design is tasteful, classy, elegant and understated, the interior is comfortable and fully appointed, and the driving dynamics are quick, smooth, nimble and competent. No torque oversteer. 5-speed transmission + VVT 263hp V6 turns the car into a ROCKET. Every safety feature in the books. We liked my wife's so much I bought myself one two months later. Feels as good behind the wheel as a GS, 5 or E, for 2/3 the price of an IS, 3 or C. Like I said: NO APOLOGIES! Hyundai has EARNED major respect from a car nut here, and I'll certainly be in line at the dealer when Genesis arrives!

3.8L V6, wonderful Infinity surround stereo w/ sub, glass moonroof, brigade of airbags, cavernous trunk, other active & passive safety features, silky smooth and powerful acceleration, 4x 1-touch up and down windows & sunroof, simply a beautiful luxury car with great attention to detail!

Only one obvious shortcoming: navigation isn't an option. Silly and true. Rumored to be available on 2008 models, if they ever start selling them in the U.S. I'd rather run navigation on a laptop anyhow, bigger screen and the software is cheaper & easier to update.